Petite Properties

Thimble Hall

Has anyone done any of these please. I have bought the 48 scale Memory Lane collection and the Cobblestone Snicket collection, I thought I would be able to manage the little ones better if I got ill again as I can do them on a tray. Some have arrived and some are en route. The quality looks very good and so many itsy bitsy pieces. I found the prices very reasonable as was the shipping.

I also bought the few books they have and I can strongly recommend them, lots of great techniques for finishing and it was all made very clear.

I didn't buy their paints..should I ?

I would be most interested to see what folks have done with them here

XX Jeannine

I have my eye on the cobblestone snicket as well, one day.  It seems it would make a nice Harry Potterish lane.  I did the Raven’s Perch a couple of years ago.  It was very easy to do.  It is in my gallery.

I love their quarter scale kits. My only advice is to avoid overpainting it and paint with layers - because their furniture is nice thick cardstock (super durable) but if you water log/over saturate it with acrylic paint some tiny details (chair legs) can warp/split. But you really have to waterlog it.

Otherwise, I love their stuff. Great prices for the details and ease of putting it together. 

Thank you for the help. I did buy all the books they had but I think some are no longer available, one I have mentions others that are not on the site I did send an e mail about them but no reply.This is the one thing I have noticed , they are slow to answer.. The little pieces look fascinating though

Jenn do you build them then paint or in erverse

5 hours ago, Thimble Hall said:

Thank you for the help. I did buy all the books they had but I think some are no longer available, one I have mentions others that are not on the site I did send an e mail about them but no reply.This is the one thing I have noticed , they are slow to answer.. The little pieces look fascinating though

Jenn do you build them then paint or in erverse

for furniture: I build then paint. I find it all works fine that way for furniture.

For houses: I have to decorate as the walls go together. Otherwise I can't get my fingers in there!