Hello! I'm a first time builder from Atlanta:)

WestPaces

Hi there Carrie! Nice kitty :) I'm building the Beacon Hill. I probably should have started with a less ambitious model but this kit  was for sale on a neighbourhood site and I thought 'why not?' I am loving every minute of it. 

• Like 1

Hi Janet!! What part of Atlanta are you in? (I might can guess from your name... :)) We have the best miniature shop in town here, Miniature Designs in Lawrenceville. They are all wonderful people there.

http://miniaturedesigns.com/

Also, we have 2 miniature shows here in Atlanta. And one happens to be coming up in 4 weeks. :) 

Have fun with your Beacon Hill! Take your time and enjoy it, and you will do fine. 

1 hour ago, WestPaces said:

Hi there Carrie! Nice kitty :) I'm building the Beacon Hill. I probably should have started with a less ambitious model but this kit  was for sale on a neighbourhood site and I thought 'why not?' I am loving every minute of it. 

Welcome! And yey another Beacon Hill builder! :clap:

It's an ambitious house but we have several new builders working in this model at the moment, myself included. It's nice to check on everyone's progress and share tips, fills me with energy to build this little mansion. Hope you have fun as well!

Welcome to the little family, Janet.  KathieB is in your area, also building a Beacon Hill.  You build the house that speaks to you.  Take it in little baby steps and you'll do fine.  If your kit's instructions say to use hot glue, DON'T!!!  A good carpenter's wood glue will not deteriorate over time, nor will tacky glue.  I start out with a roll of painter's blue tape and my utility knife and a sanding block to fiddle with the tabs & slots to get them to fit perfectly, and assemble the house with the tape, reading the instruction, before using the first drop of glue.  This has saved me many tears of frustration & rage, as I can see where I will need to decorate before gluing or not get my hands in, and to see what furniture I'd like to use will actually fit.

• Like 1