New builder

ayo

Just started putting together a orchard for my daughter. Mixed results so far. Using a mix of wood glue and hot glue to tack things together.  She wants it purple with gray and purple trim. 

• Like 1

Welcome Alex.

Your daughter will always remember the house and you building it for her. She will remember it as being perfect. Enjoy the process.

You can always search for other members builds or ask questions if you have problems.

• Like 1

The hot glue was just to tack in place long enough for the wood glue to dry nicely. It does not look so nice as a finished product so far. I found this forum after I started to build at Christmas. So its been helpful. I had no idea it would take some long. But I want each part properly glued, dried and solid before the next part. 

Edited by ayo

Whenever I start to build a kit I first assemble it with painters' tape (the blue stuff) so I can whittle or sand the tabs & slots to fit perfectly as well as to make sure I understand the instructions (or find a better way to assemble that works for me)

:wave: Welcome!   There are lots of helpful folks around here....so don't be afraid to ask any questions during your build.  And don't worry about how long it takes.....take your time.  Better to take it slow and do it right rather than rush through and have to fix it later.  Now having said that, don't panic if you do make a mistake!  Almost every mistake has a fix.  ;)  

Have fun!