First Dollhouse

Jpro60

I inherited a dollhouse kit from my biological mother who passed away a year ago.  I met her when I was 20 years old and was mesmerized by her talents when we met, one of which was her passion for building miniatures and dollhouses.   

The dollhouse I recieved was the SW Crafts 1979 Fantasy Island House. Although the pieces were in good condition, the box was in bad shape and the instructions were missing.  Fortunately Google Search brought me to this site where I was able to connect with MadTex1967 who was more than happy to send me a copy of the instructions. I was also able to make contact with a women in the UK that finished the house last year (took 7 years to complete) and the photos of the house she built also provided many tips.

Although I am really excited about the progress I am making...the journey has been a bit frustrating :).  The first level is close to complete and i am getting ready to start on the second story.  It appears that the tower for the house is missing but I can’t confirm this until i finish the next stage as there are still questions on what parts are there.  

It looks like i will be using LED battery operated lights as I am not comfortable with tape or round light options.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated!  I also have a box of dollhouse furniture kits and some extra dollhouse parts in the event i do decide that this is the first of many.  

There are so many talented builders in the dollhouse communities!  The creativity and beautiful houses are so impressive. Both of our daughters are grown so it strictly my “toy” :)

Thanks everyone and I look forward to completing the house so I can decorate it and enjoy it.

• Like 1

You may also need to resize the pictures. I use http://www.picresize.com/

Here is a how to link for making a gallery. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=forums&module=forums&controller=topic&id=40441#comment-662636

And, welcome :wave: to the forum! That is a great house, and a rare one at that!

I use the Paint program to resize my pics....changing the percentage to 50 for both horizontal and vertical, then reducing at least another 50 (or more, depending) to get it to an acceptable size.

Sounds like a great project!  Hope you can figure out the photo issue- can't wait to see it!  :)