My first dollhouse as an adult

Crwhite328

A frnd who religiously combs the 2nd hand furniture stores came upon 2 doll houses. He told me to look at his newest find. When I seen this dollhouse soooo many memories came back of being 5-10 yrs old playing with one similar to the 2 he found. I immediately asked him to sell me one!! He told me it was already sold. I pouted about it occasionally cause it was still there at his house. The person he was selling it to hadn't come to get it. Well about a yr later he gave it to me as a Christmas gift. He said he knew I would love it and give it "life"!! 

Turns out the one I had as a child was handed down to me from my mom. She thinks it was about 1955 she was given the dollhouse. She doesn't have any memory of its history. (did it come from a catalog? A frnd?)Now I'm trying to identify it. I can find similar dollhouses but not this one!! I have found the furniture passed down from my mom and the piece she replaced but I CAN NOT find this house!!

Idk why I can't upload a pic but the house but I can give a detailed description(I even dream about it lol) the the color is burgundy or maybe red back in the day, it has the tiles roof, red shutters w/white or cream siding, 8 plastic windows 4 on each side of a centered door 4 upper windows are small 4 lower are long, it has a painted round window in the middle of upper windows, it has the keystone trademark(so I've read) of green shrubs that look like blobs of paint,  the outside light is painted above the door, it is made from partical board on a wood base w/wood trim on all corners of the house, it has 8 rooms w/slide out partitions, a wooden staircase and a plastic picket fence. The measurements are: length 38in x width 14in x height 18in

This has been amazing and frustrating at the same time. I'm going to fix this up for my daughter and granddaughter. So I'm doing research on wall paper and maybe putting lights in it. 

I appreciate any feedback anyone has.

Well, one more post (yohu need 5 posts for the ability to share photos) and you can post a photo of your house and someone will try to help out with identification. Identifying houses is always fun.

I'm hoping you took a photo of the house.

• Like 1

I found the image on your profile but it's hard to see there. Here it is as an attachment. (I had to reduce the size to attach it. It's possible that forum lets you upload a larger picture to the cover photo area of your profile than it does an attachment or in the gallery, I'm not sure.)

cover-photo.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fov said:

I found the image on your profile but it's hard to see there. Here it is as an attachment. (I had to reduce the size to attach it. It's possible that forum lets you upload a larger picture to the cover photo area of your profile than it does an attachment or in the gallery, I'm not sure.)

Thank You!!

• 2 months later...