inspiration for a porch scene

Anna

So, while at the work shop over the weekend we came toy all about a setting we'd like to build and endes up brain stormning about a type of scene, where a taco Done Raouls be set on. It Will only be a kind of diorama/room Box kind, 

I have been looking for inspirations pictures but am probably using the wrong search termos as I want it to be A bit rustik, yet cozy. Adobe strukturer with some stained details, so I am Hoping some of you might help me out in finding more inspiration. 

Thank you all so much, and Yep Miranda, I am going to try My hands on making mini polyclay tacos :)  Not so snack-able I suspect though... contemplating what to use as the gritty bits in the shells, wonder if I could fins black sand somewhere... 

39 minutes ago, Anna said:

Thank you all so much, and Yep Miranda, I am going to try My hands on making mini polyclay tacos :)  Not so snack-able I suspect though... contemplating what to use as the gritty bits in the shells, wonder if I could fins black sand somewhere... 

Amazon has this https://www.amazon.com/Hygloss-Products-Colored-No-Mess-Bottle/dp/B003JO3D9O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1517942882&sr=8-3&keywords=fine+black+sand&dpID=41wVWJa4jZL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

1 hour ago, SewMini said:

That Looks exactly as what I had in mind, Thank you, Now I can go on a Hunt l"locally" so to speak as I Now know   such a thing is avaliable, <Happy dance with a twirl> Thank you

So this is how farao got in the planning stage, ie the basis room layout, Now to decide on measuments too. All this for an Idea of I want to make a taco dinner scene...large.IMG_1083.JPG.3e667823fc75ab0404c08

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I wish my self-healing cutting mat were that clean!

LOL, this is the "newest" one Holly, the small one The size of a paper pad really, easy to carry along with me. The larger one I mostly use is much more used and definitley messier. Then I have the one I use for paper crafts only that Looks almost unused.

Just now, havanaholly said:

I broke down and got a new one when I was cutting out paper dolls.  I used my utility knife and went through blades like crazy.

I found this one a couple of years ago for appr a dollar a piece and only three Left so got one for me, My MI and My Mother each. I wish they would do that again... the large one I have is around 20 years or so (Yikes) and still going strong albeit it has some more adornements as in glue dots, paint stains and just wear and tear.

2 hours ago, Anna said:

... the large one I have is around 20 years or so (Yikes) and still going strong albeit it has some more adornements as in glue dots, paint stains and just wear and tear.

Mine may be 25 years old, but I swear they're twins! except my large one is my new one.

• Like 1

Going slightly (more than usuall) insynen over here Trying to locate suitable stains. Little did I guess it isn't avaliable, but LOTs and LOTs  of odd non-Wood  colours... sulking! Found an Americanai oak stain tiny bottle over in the Us but the shipping and time it Will take to reach me over here, bot an option right Now. 

As I am home with the cruds and a fever I Will have to sweet talk hubby into going to the DIY store to see what he might find.

10 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Anna, do your DIY stores by any chance carry Min Wax?  They have nice stains.  Over here I noticed that Rustoleum is now marketing tins of stains.

Not what I can see from their website, but then again those sites are really not good ones either. So most often it is a Hunt and chase kind of game when one goes there. 

Nixed the faux bricks andjust added a thin coat of spackle to the surface. Will probably "paint" it with gesso when it is dry and then stain the wooden part in a Dark oak stain. large.IMG_1102.JPG.e2aa37aac8528c6d80ebe

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Samusa said:

It looks great.. why did you nix the bricks? I liked those too... I'm sure you have a master plan. :) 

I like the bricks too, but it sort of changed the southwestern feel some how. I am also thinking about changing the curve of the opening to a more rounded all together, maybe LOL

still need to get the chairs and hall Table Idea together as to decide on floor size, good thing to Think about when not feeling to well.