inspiration for a porch scene

Anna

Thank you Holly, added the texture to the inside of Otto, that was fun. 

Today I have places around with the flooring ideas, setting on tiles and am thinking about using a piece of cork the size of the room in this pattern, ie to cut away the grovt lines between the "tiles" and then paint the whole thing, varnish a few Times and then gently add the grovt in between. It Looks kind of busy on the paper, but that is mostly because I only had  sheet of scrapbooking paper in almost the right size and fairly Saturday to try put My calculating ideas... it came together with only a smidge extra spaces along the intendent walls. Yay....

I also cut down the Table and bench sizes as I found a chair I liked to use at the end so Will see which set up I like later on. Soooo looking forward to receiving the Sark oak stain I ordered.

large.IMG_1124.JPG.767e8ed99abd5503b8a6flarge.IMG_1123.JPG.49cab19eca129c083e210large.IMG_1122.JPG.a605aebd7eeb4f8d43467

• Like 1

20 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Well I'm ready to sit down and order a couple of burritos with guacamole.

Getting to that part soon Now, been fiddling with the size of the Table as first it was too big for the floor size, and as it is still large to be a roombox I didn't want to add to that, the smaller one was out of proportions eventhough it was scaled down according to RL size tables, so fiddling a little and winging the width lenght ratio I found that third time is the charm :) getting a slightly skimmer Table compared to what it should have been so to speak.

large.IMG_1133.JPG.8a1cb730135cffc3743c2

so tonight i have started mixing the taco Shell / crisp shade. Cold Clay is hard on the hands and gave me also a reminder that yes the infection is still in the system, sheesh... but I Think I have a suitable colour Now and can also replicate it as I made that from 2/5+2/5+1/5 ratios of translucent, white and rich yellow. Hoping that the sand arrives in the mail tomorrow as that is Left for me to try mixing in to get that gritty colouration prior to using those chalk pastell.

Taco shells in the making, the sand Arrived in the mail this morning, I decided to go with the Dark Brown instead of the black and so far I am liking how it Looks. Will have to add some texture to the surface, using a stuff brush pouncing at it after Rolling in between to sheets of sand paper with a rough surface and finish with some chalks too.

perfect way to recover from the tummybug/flue kind of week I have had so far. . 

large.IMG_1140.JPG.579bffc0beab80fef686d

As the weather is snowing mittens today I am not leaning the house at all despoter there is a small Box of goodies awaiting me at the post pics up, Nope, so I have been fiddling with the taco veggie plates, made a simplifierad version of an Orion came, need to get a few more colours of Clay to be alble to do the rest of Clay work though, planning to make a few cactuses, cactae??? Also played with the Claes to add some extra to some of the succulents. Made a differenc I Think. 

large.IMG_1141.JPG.d444973db16defddf13b2large.IMG_1143.JPG.ebc0b2a065d28f13a36f8

Anna, you don't need to pounce the tacos before baking.  I make both tortillas and arepas, and the corn flour leaves  almost as smooth a texture as semolina flour; and I don't think a taco stand would use coarse cornmeal to make their tortillas for burritos, since they wouldn't hold together very well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, havanaholly said:

Anna, you don't need to pounce the tacos before baking.  I make both tortillas and arepas, and the corn flour leaves  almost as smooth a texture as semolina flour; and I don't think a taco stand would use coarse cornmeal to make their tortillas for burritos, since they wouldn't hold together very well.

Thank you Holly, didn't know that,  over her the taco shells have a sort bumpy texture to them. Learning something New everyday is the motto :) 

4 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

ANNA! This is really wonderful!!! Love everything you're doing! Those plants look amazing, and the veggie platter looks spot on. Very cool idea for making taco shells, too. Will you have to bake all of the clay things?

Thank you! You know that Sometimes you have this Idea Rolling around in the back of your mind and then a tiny sparka sets the whole thing in motion? We had this conversations when at the works shops where we create the artist studio and that was the kick I needed to actually get the taco dinner in The hacienda/southwestern porch scene I have wanted to do for a long time....

the plants was something I just wanted to try as I Love them in our real life garden, they survive the floran zone we have here, despoter the fact we are in the southerm parts of Sweden it is a chili zone in this area compared with half an hour drive to the seaside, go figure :) and when I thought about the scene I just wanted to work those in there too, so needed to try the method of dusting the leaves with reddish blush on some of them, didn't really work when they were allready assemblera so tried with the leaves flat - worked like a charm, Yay !

As Holly Said I do indeed boil a LOT of My Clay thingies, but The platter with veggie Will need to be baked,  as I haven't fastened anything as of yet, so all the itty bitty slices and quarters are loose on there, which hubby dearest noticed the hard way when bumping into the Table... oh well, still have things to add and try prior to actually setting things down with liquid fimo, adding both "glue" and the appereance of the wet look a fresh cut tomatoe and/or cucamber and onion have. 

So when all things are added on it I Will bake the whole thing, but that Will be the first bakning I do on this, the canes are boiled prior to the slicing, dicing and cutting LOL

9 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Anna, doesn't the Gulf Stream flow along Sweden's western coastline?  That would help keep things milder, weatherwise.

It does and yes it does, especially here in the southerm parts. But somehow the area we live in is in one of those kind of weird climat pockets, could be raketer to the ice are smelting pattern leaning this area sort of in between ridges, the natural soil  is more close to the soil layer found in the pine forests Further up and less alike the soil where the "leaved" forests Further south. 

Since hubby was over visiting with his parents earlier today MIL raided the fimo stash and She found that She had a Jar of Dark oak stain, so happiness as I can Now continue with the porch scene yet again. Started with Trying the satin on the mantel part on the fire place, the Parrot enjoys his New place too :)large.IMG_1159.JPG.638fc139f8135ad5f461b

27 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I thought that chair looked awfully fancy until I did a Google search for cantina chairs:  https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=cantina+chairs&qpvt=cantina+chairs&FORM=IGRE

If you want an eyeful, try "colorful carved chairs" ... these are the kind that I'm familiar with in several Mexican restaurants I've frequented

31 minutes ago, KathieB said:

If you want an eyeful, try "colorful carved chairs" ... these are the kind that I'm familiar with in several Mexican restaurants I've frequented

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

I thought that chair looked awfully fancy until I did a Google search for cantina chairs:  https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=cantina+chairs&qpvt=cantina+chairs&FORM=IGRE

I am thinking that it might be one of those occasions that one might have brought out one of the chairs from the "adjacing" living room :) to get that extra seating... 

• Like 1

So, I have ben Happy mixing Clays and even tired a det small something to sort of look like cacti plants. Now I am awaiting a few bottles of teeny tiny no hole beads, called caviar beads and used for nail decor (pffft, not happening) and I Think they Will work perfect for the lumps of thorns I want to add too.

large.IMG_1162.JPG.3a26ec73bbf0266596e1blarge.IMG_1163.JPG.c2d33bbba1814ede9748d

3 hours ago, Anna said:

I am thinking that it might be one of those occasions that one might have brought out one of the chairs from the "adjacing" living room :) to get that extra seating... 

Of course. :) 

I got the tiny bowla mail today, Yay! Apprx half an inch in diameter, so Will be perfect.

played with the liquid fimo, pastell chalks and some Clay, red and green clay that is allready cooked to get the texturen of slices and tomatoe chinos. 

large.IMG_1166.JPG.00c7d14f3ff929566b182large.IMG_1164.JPG.29fcf68af4d7a8b79ee7a

Kind of cheated yesterday, made the taco filling atleast and baked some of the ready items, still need to add a few details ie pastell chalk highlights andligt use a matt varnish to tone the shine down just a tad, but so far pretty Happy with it. Still need to so the chili peppers, shredded lettuce, and taco shells/crisps. Got the beer tankards/glasses yesterday too, getting there!

large.IMG_1168.JPG.621295e6710d88a799279

• Like 2