inspiration for a porch scene

Anna

Thank you so much for the positive encouragement!

will be able to get the last pieces needed to get it together as I got the notice from the post Office that a Box of tuff is there to collect tomorrow,, Happy dance! It is one of the the needed stains as well as Wood dowel for the ceiling part, oh and the cork "board" ai am Foing to try for the flooring. Perfect timing as Hubby Will be off come Sundby for a week of cycling camp on Fuerteventura. 

3 minutes ago, KathieB said:

My favorite bit so far is the pile of translucent onions slices. :) 

Ah, those slices :) one block of true translucent, then one block half and half of translucent and white fimo, equal sizes, start with a stake of the  cover that stake with the half and half fimo continue the layer as many Times the Clay can go around so to speak with the last one.being the half andhalf mix. Roll and thin it out into a came, bake (or boil as I did) cut in slices with singlesided razorblade. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anna said:

A first trial setting the Table, so far I amreally loving this shade of stain!

large.IMG_1178.JPG.961cda3bedd2a5a3125a1

Me too Anna!.. It's a lovely rustic warm colour. What colour is the stain?

20 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Me too Anna!.. It's a lovely rustic warm colour. What colour is the stain?

Over here it is called "teak" need to look up the translation thoug.

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Me gusta su mesa, y su piso de corcho.  How did you color the cork floor?

Sponged over paint, burnt sienna, brick orange/red and some cappuccino 

Have cut the walls too today, need to add some texture to them as well as drill the holes for the ceiling beams. Need to stain those too though.. Then it Will be ready to put together and  dress the walls.

37 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Oh, Now that is something to ponder on how to make, :hmm: Think I have some black felt around, wonder if I could wet it down and then stretch and shaoe over a form of sort and let dry... 

3 hours ago, Anna said:

Oh, Now that is something to ponder on how to make, :hmm: Think I have some black felt around, wonder if I could wet it down and then stretch and shaoe over a form of sort and let dry... 

Make one out of black Fimo with matte finish and embellish with metallic threads, sequins, beads?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Make one out of black Fimo with matte finish and embellish with metallic threads, sequins, beads?

That is another great option! My mind is sorting impressions right Now and this Will be another fun addition! 

45 minutes ago, Thimble Hall said:

Anna, if you have a spare minute can you tell me why and how you boil your Fimo please. All you things are looking excellent by the way, extremely realistic.

XX Jeannine

Thank you Jeannine! Admittingly I still have to try boiling fimo where I use the liquid fimo as an addition, so boiling is only tried with actual fimo, mixed and shaped.

Say for an example I have made different fruits, I use a tiny pot (dedicated to this use only) with water, bring it a slow Rolling boil/simmer kind of state. If I have different sizes of the objects, i when I made fimo dolls, the head/torso is the largest part, this goes in the water first, boil for apprx 3-5 minutes, add the smaller items after a few minutes, let them simmer along for the last 2-4 minutes etc. When they are done I either take the pot away from the stove, pick one item at a time (depedning on how fragile they are) with a kitchen tweezer/tongs put into a small sieve and put under the tap running Cold water so that it cools down fairly quickly.

This will leak out some of the oil from the Surface too giving a better grip if one wants to paint the object after curing it.

When the item still is hot it can look like it is sort of spotty, usually that gives way when it cools down.

Good luck!

Since hubby is away on a trining week at Fuertaventura this week, he left early Sunday morning and will be back home again coming Sunday evening and most probably have had a week filled with riding his bike and enjoying that fully, you know, eat, train, sleep kind of week :) 

That means I have sort of let the kitchen table become the creative station this week, ie I have one part set up for painting/stianing activities, one is where te cutting mat is, etc etc. This morning I prepped the last side of the exterior using gesso simulatin the Adobe structure. Lovley to work with the palette knife creting the uneveness so to speak. I also ended up cutting away some more of the window area on one of the walls and I will see how it might look if I added a slightly altered version of a faux wrought iron fence bit. WIll try it out and see this evening. Then I will most probably end up actually putting the walls together too, I will use a stained piece of dowel as a corner piece to add some stabiltiy as well as colour. Hoping it will work out like I have envisioned..

5 hours ago, Thimble Hall said:

Anna thank you about the boiling tip. one more question, do you bake it after boiling?

No baking needed as it is cured allready, unless you continue to add to the item.