inspiration for a porch scene

Anna

Thank you all for the wonderful comments :) it has been a joy to put together all in all, trying new /for me) materials as well as getting lots of trial and error experience in doing so.

The fellow from the seaside cottage has gone over for a visit and is awiting some Company. I suspect he will keep himself busy sipping the beer and munching on the nachos

I have Another guy who is visiting the tailor, they are discussing the pants he wants, ie how the heck to get a pair of jeans fitting well, we will have to see about that. Jeans and their unmisstabanle yellow seams and neat details, thoe will indeed be a challenge. Fiddling with the pattern for that, have a "suitable" dark blue jeans fabric for it, I do however Think it needs some bleaching to achieve that worn look, going to try on a small piece to see how it might look.

Then I found this (alo new to me) artist that has those Southwestern inspired landscape paintings, Jonathan Harris Think I need a couple paintings to go on the other walls as to balance the wonderful painting from NellBell.

large.IMG_1575.JPG.1cfc37bc0c820366d0011

Anna, before you try sodium hypochlorite, try using a bit of chalk to achieve that worn/ stone-washed look; bleach is so destructive to fabrics.  I have also found that cambric in a suitable denim color is more in scale for 1:12 people than pieces of real levis denim.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still pondering about the chair, have another one in there right Now and that style might Lend itself better for those wonderfully decorated chairs That Kathie shared some example of, sketching a little to see what I might be able to do... 

large.IMG_1666.JPG.b64ad4d52477a060f0b28

Both chairs would work well; the issue is not how ornate they are but how colorful. Once painted, mixing the two styles would give the patio a healthy South of the Border vibe. :D 

Again, I'd opt for a rush or woven leather or painted wooden seat, not padded. More in keeping with the style. :) 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just the day before we went for our trip the little dreamcatcher earrings Arrived and it fits perfectly between the "window" Wall part. While away I started a couple of more wallhangings to see which kind of combinations I am going to use too. Only the GA Left Now are to fill up the plantera with some Cacti and succulents and make the final decision on which Chair to use. Then I have this neat doll-person I am going to dress, then I Think it is all Done. Been such a fun build to do, 

large.IMG_1726.JPG.6ab2811b374a7da92d470large.IMG_1710.JPG.540685b967dd95ba390c7

• 7 months later...

Well, figured some Sunflower would work too in the hacienda, just tried out making half a dozen, Now to figure texture, sizes and shapes for the leaves as well as I want them to have that "fuzzy" looklarge.IMG_2399.JPG.49aac2da7a01da79fb190

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Anna said:

Well, figured some Sunflower would work too in the hacienda, just tried out making half a dozen, Now to figure texture, sizes and shapes for the leaves as well as I want them to have that "fuzzy" looklarge.IMG_2399.JPG.49aac2da7a01da79fb190

Are you familiar with the little green felts that are stuck onto vases and such to protect them from scratching the surface of a table? Those are fuzzy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00438YFME/ref=psdcmw_2380874011_t3_B00004YOFL#immersive-view_1551543620653

5 hours ago, Sable said:

Are you familiar with the little green felts that are stuck onto vases and such to protect them from scratching the surface of a table? Those are fuzzy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00438YFME/ref=psdcmw_2380874011_t3_B00004YOFL#immersive-view_1551543620653

Never seen those before in colours, Looks interesting and something I Will look for as those can have LOTs of uses! Thank you

45 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

There's also a craft felt, which is very thin & comes in a variety of colors.

Hmmm, felt do indeed come close to what might be needed, Will see what I have around allready to play around with. :) Thank you both for the ideas, need to ponder and have a "trial and error" session 

14 minutes ago, Anna said:

Never seen those before in colours, Looks interesting and something I Will look for as those can have LOTs of uses! Thank you

Hmmm, felt do indeed come close to what might be needed, Will see what I have around allready to play around with. :) Thank you both for the ideas, need to ponder and have a "trial and error" session 

Look for the paper thin ones.

13 hours ago, Anna said:

I want them to have that "fuzzy" look

Really? The only sunflowers I'm familiar with have smooth leaves with a saw-tooth edge. 

5 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Really? The only sunflowers I'm familiar with have smooth leaves with a saw-tooth edge. 

Borrowed pic of the "fuzziniess" :) feel

large.IMG_2404.JPG.b7d379d7987e4d79cae37

12 hours ago, KathieB said:

That is the back of the flower head -- the involucral bracts.  Google sunflower leaf images to see the leaves I described.

True and O see what you mean too, the ones i have in the back yard have a slight fuzz to them, sort of like Tomatoe plant leaves still the saw tooth edge to them too. Interesting! 

In 1:12 I would think a flat finish paint would give the leaves the appearance of the slight surface texture, Anna; maybe  cut them from dark green tissue paper and "doctor" them with water & watercolor paints.

• Like 1

Well, Now I have some ideas to try out, going to make the Brown "middle" slightly larger as well. I found a piece of faux suede paper I used for making books that I used for the ones earlier. But when I have beeneyeing them today while making the rest I do Think the center ought to be slightly larger so Will try that on a few. large.IMG_2406.JPG.e6ca764d96a388dca2628

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Considering the centers are those clusters of seeds we sometimes pig out on, perhaps dollop your centers with glue and dip them into piles of wee no-hole beads?

Or coffee grounds or tea leaves for a bit of dimension?

Eagerly awaiting to get the hole punch (Fingers crossed it comes on Friday) 

meanwhile I re-discovered a few punches and used them for the Dark green varieté. Look forward to see how those Will work in the flower pots along with the Sunflower as the flowers for the hacienda. Now I only have a few more Cacti to make from fimo and then I just might have to Call it Done...large.IMG_2410.JPG.2ebcbb03e13eda2436ce9

• 2 weeks later...