inspiration for a porch scene

Anna

6 hours ago, Thimble Hall said:

Thank you so much Anna, much appreciated

You are welcome! The boiling is something that was something that was recommended doing when one first started with poly clay (Cernit brand I Think) wayyyy back when it first came over here and it was only avaliable in the colour of white. Boiling helped a lot when one wanted to paint the items too as the oily Surface was removed, although it can also make thin items slightly brittle.

6 hours ago, RosieSunshine said:

I love seeing how this is coming together. The texture on the fireplace is lovely, and the color mixes are really eye catching for what I'm seeing so far.

Thank you! I used spackle ( a favourite ) for the fire Place as that covers the seams from putting the fire Place pieces together, then painted it with a flat White paint.

It will be most interesting to see how it will come together with the ceiling beams as I will install those later today. Soooo looking forward to that, then to the decorations as most of the big items are done allready :)

Slooowly getting there... need to Think of something to hold the corerns together though as isn't so very cooperative somehow :) might be that I just hadlarge.IMG_1187.JPG.d1e08ef2c9afeaf7fbb6clarge.IMG_1185.JPG.8fea2d77fe0804ba3f80dlarge.IMG_1186.JPG.354136884d1a8ed3ce298 to try out the look of the ceiling beams too though?!? 

Once you finish your stucco/ adobe texturing of the rest of the exterior and the interior, whatever you use can fill that wee gap at the right rear corner.  I really want to come eat a burrito supremo.

• Like 1

Awww, Thank you! Have one of the corners glued Now, stuck some needles through to give extra "hold" added a few counter wights and am Now backa g away giving it plenty of time to set... (sort of atleast :) j 

found some caviar beads (supposedly used for nail decorations) that Ai am thinking Will work as climps of spines/spikas for some Cacti . Going to dab a tooth pics in liquid fimo, det that in the beads, use another dot of liquid fimo to place on the Cacti plants and set the dot of beads into that, bake and see how that works.

13 hours ago, Anna said:

might be that I just had to try out the look of the ceiling beams too though?!? 

Those ceiling beam are call vigas. :) 

3 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Those ceiling beam are call vigas. :) 

Thank you Kathie, Love knowing the right word for things, as Sometimes it is hard to find the right translation. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, havanaholly said:

How did you make the glass mugs?

Wish I could take credit for those but they are a lucky find  on EBay with a lady in the UK. 

9 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Hit me; I don't see the sharp cheddar cheese or queso sprinkles...

The tacos are Now baked and ready, still need ti make the chillis though, then the Ford Will be all done

large.IMG_1200.JPG.721f0a6f4101397c35ea3LOL, have some sharp cheese on the big platter ready to top it with :)