inspiration for a porch scene

Anna

So I needed a Bucket to keep the beer cold but Couldn't find one in suitable size so made one from coffe stirrats and a piece of plywood decorations. Am awaiting some "Plastic ice Cubes" so the tiny seed beads Will do for of to try it put with the bottles.large.IMG_1457.JPG.960794115d5c04bc95bc3

The seed beads look just fine, or you could cut up some of the "clear" plastic scrim.  Where did you find the itty cerveza bottles?  It makes me think how nice a cold bottle of Dos XX with a twist of fresh lime would go once the day heats up!

40 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

The seed beads look just fine, or you could cut up some of the "clear" plastic scrim.  Where did you find the itty cerveza bottles?  It makes me think how nice a cold bottle of Dos XX with a twist of fresh lime would go once the day heats up!

Have plans for these itty bitty seed beads in a Chandelier embellishment so am holding on to them for that. Not familiar with what  Clear Plastic scrim is, but sounds like worth investigating :) the bottles is a great online find, got hold of 60 or so and ordered another round of them too as I suppose one can never have to many bottles?!? So have extras if someone wants some. 

• 3 weeks later...

Plastic canvas made My day today when coming home, a steel rules, a good knife and some solid water later, I have a real ice Bucket with bottles. This made a nice view of the New vase to that defintiley Will stay 

Just now, Anna said:

Plastic canvas made My day today when coming home, a steel rules, a good knife and some solid water later, I have a real ice Bucket with bottles. This made a nice view of the New vase to that defintiley Will stay 

large.IMG_1506.PNG.67b064132596d4f7a9c23

2 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I left a comment in your album.  I just think it's so cool how cut up plastic scrim passes for ice cubes in 1:12!

I know, it got the shine too with the solid water and the odd glass bead. Now I am thinking if I cut it into even smaller pieces it Will be superb as crushed ice in mini drinks... need to Think out somewhere in the Steampunk where I might need that :) Thank you so much, it is a great material! 

I recall one of our members cut it into a template for making brickwork and used it with spackle or joint compound.  A steampunk crushed ice dispenser on the steampunk fridge?

large.IMG_1509.JPG.d969e602282b40457d481The curshed ice machine Sounds like something that would suit very well, got an Idea brewing of the design, Will see how that turns out...

today I got a pack of ribbon, a "cross My Fingers and Hope it works" purchase online.... i Think it works great with the colours of the painting and I Will try it out on the Table over the weekend.

happy dance, a much needed one today too! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Oo, I love how that ribbon goes with that painting!

I hoped for just that and it truly went together like a charm. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, havanaholly said:

Anna, I've begun stitching that little rug in black, white and gray.

Now that Sounds like a fab combination! 

Made a slight change to the trim, still need to add the knatting though, and them I got some neat terracotta plates and plantera in the mail today too. Contemplating how to paint the plate as I agoing to put it on the fireplace as decoration. The plantera Will most probably get some Cacti plants in themlarge.IMG_1558.JPG.846bf27b53b279a66cd1b