First timer remodeling my childhood dollhouse!

Hello Everyone! 

Thank you for being so welcoming! I already asked my first question and got such great responses and super fast too!!!! Thank you.

I am Emily, from Ohio, and am remodeling my childhood dollhouse. My dad made it for me when I was 5 years old. (That was 25 years ago) I am not sure what kind it is. I am going to post a couple pictures. Please let me know if you have the answer to my mystery!

This forum is so great! I now feel like I always have somewhere to turn when I come upon a question as I am remodeling!

Thanks.

DH 1 .jpg

DH2.jpg

Welcome to the little family, Emily.  Looking at the grain & thickness of the wood your daddy could have scratch built it for you, or it could have been a kit.  Measure your door openings and check here: https://www.miniatures.com/CategoryIntroWebpage.aspx?WebpageId=93  to see if you can find new doors to fit.  You will want to prime those bare wood walls & ceilings before you paper or paint them.  I would be tempted to add a stoop or porch to the front.

7 minutes ago, KouweDollhouse said:

Havanaholly,

I love the idea of adding a porch and have thought about it. Are there kits for that sort of thing?

I googled to see and I found porches as discrete room boxes, but not as add-ons.  When I acquired a falling part Laurel dollhouse (that had been built with hot glue) it apparently had never had its porch built, so I made one using strip wood and foam core (the porch floor was part of the foundation or I would have used plywood),  You could do the same.  I first did a mock up in cardboard to get a general idea.

11 minutes ago, Samusa said:

RGT sell porch kits. https://www.realgoodtoys.com/search?q=Porch

also you can sometimes find older walmer or Lilliput kits on eBay. They show up occasionally.

I wonder why that didn't show up in my search?  There you go, Emily!