Nice to meet you

Hello, my name is Alicia and I live in Georgia. I have completed a couple of dollhouses, a bookstore, and a camper and I now want to build a beach hut. I am terrified by the wiring/lighting process and hope to get some advice through the forum.  I have included a few pictures of my bookstore, which is made inside an old book. (The cover is the building/storefront). The others are of the camper/trailer that I built from the Greenleaf Miniature Trailer kit. (http://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/Miniature-Travel-Trailer-Kit.html )

Bookstore 3.JPG

Bookstore 6.JPG

Camper 5.JPG

Camper 6.JPG

Bookstore 5.JPG

• Like 2

Hi Alicia!! Welcome to the forums! Your travel trailer is adorable!

Where in Ga are you located? We have an amazing miniature shop near Atlanta if you are close. (or even if you're not, it's worth the trip!) They offer a lighting class a few times a year. 

http://miniaturedesigns.com/

There are also two mini shows in Atlanta, with one coming up in about 3 weeks.

• Like 1

Miniature Designs is in Lawrenceville, so not too far. You should definitely visit, they have the nicest people there and are so very helpful. But plan to stay for a little while, there is so much there, and you will have so much fun!

The show coming up is March 2-3, and is put on by Tom Bishop.

http://www.bishopshow.com/atlanta

The other show is in September and is put on by the Atlanta Miniature Society.

Both shows are right on the top of the perimeter. I'm on the Southside, so it's a little bit of a challenging drive for me, but you won't have to drive through town. Lucky you!

Hope you can make it to the show in March! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, propensitytodiscuss said:

I am in Forsyth County. North of Atlanta. Do you ever go to the miniature store that is in Lawrenceville? I have never been, but I would love to go. It would be great to meet you!. Also, I was told about the show in Atlanta (Tucker, actually) in March. Are you going to that? 

We're a little over an hour apart. I met Tracy (sparklepuppies) at the Lawrenceville store a few weeks ago. I'm thinking about the Tucker show. 

• Like 1

And hanging out with KathieB was great fun too! :) 

Let us know when you plan to head over there. And maybe one or both of us can plan a trip as well. I have signed up for the paper clay wall class in August, and when I checked yesterday they still had openings, if that's something you'd be interested in.

I will for sure be at the Bishop Show in March. (3 weeks from today!) I am really excited because March will be the first month in almost 9 years I haven't had at least one tuition payment to pay. So I can shop guilt free!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sparklepuppies said:

Haha! Fair warning though. If you do, you'll have to help me make decisions!! :)

No problem. I'm great at spending other people's money. Ask NJ. :D 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...