My original SamUSAs!

Debsrand56

My original SamUSAs arrived last week!  I asked for the moonlight painting, and Samantha added in the sweet little cardinal painting as well.  They are even lovelier in person.  The moonlight painting was for over the fireplace in my craftsman bungalow, so I made a "mortise and tenon" frame for it (really two horizontal pieces of thicker HO lumber sandwiched between four vertical pieces of thinner HO lumber, then the gap filled in with wood putty and sanded down).  The cardinal is also going in the bungalow, but I am working out how to do the frame.  I know what I want, but am not sure whether I can do it myself or will need a special order from Mini-Etchers.  I am very, very happy, and so lucky to be able to add these to my collection.  :)Paintings.jpg.1ca64bc44a3d15bd1ccd7ef9f7PaintingHung3.jpg.c357a2b48971d96fd9ab33PaintingHung.jpg.4279ffee4e5e1fef9c2241c

• Like 2

Love the frame you have given the painting. It has finished it off perfectly. :) I'm glad the size worked out for half scale also. I'm sure you will elevate the cardinal with whatever frame you choose for him. :) 

2 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

It looks perfect there!

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Did you make that mantel clock?  The frame is perfect!

Thank you both!  The mantel clock was a kit from SDK Miniatures.

1 hour ago, Samusa said:

Love the frame you have given the painting. It has finished it off perfectly. :) I'm glad the size worked out for half scale also. I'm sure you will elevate the cardinal with whatever frame you choose for him. :) 

Thanks again, Samantha!  I'll post more pictures when the cardinal is framed and up.