vintage photos of dressed up kitty cats

grazhina

When I was a child we had two Ideal books...I think they may have been published by a women's magazine and put out as a  special edition with each season. Anyway, I simply loves these books! My favorite was the Spring issue that featured a story with these photos....kittens coloring Easter eggs and such. My one Aunt used to laugh and talk about how my cousins and I would dress up the poor barn cats in doll clothes!  :giggle:  This was obviously where I got the inspiration! 

Thanks for the link - and the walk down memory lane!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Roxxie2 said:

So cute!  How they got them in the clothes is beyond me.   

I have a sneaking suspicion that taxidermy might have been involved, considering how long a pose had to be held back then.

11 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that taxidermy might have been involved, considering how long a pose had to be held back then.

Good grief, Holly! What are you thinking? The photographer lived until 1953. I can't imagine anyone would mount that many dead kittens for a photo display!

As a child, we had a cat that was perfectly happy to have us dress her in whatever doll's clothing would fit. Kittens would be much more amenable to posing than grown cats.

6 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Oops, I was thinking of the Victorian-era photos.  20th Century cameras could have done with live kittens

Thank Goodness!!!!  I was so upset when I thought they were stuffed kitties   .....horrors!!!:cry: