Furniture builds

Keifer

16 hours ago, havanaholly said:

OK, what's next?

Well until we get some warmer temps here in the midwest, there will be no mini furniture.  I still have running water and electricity so I won’t complain.  I have been working on some tiny wood figurines.  Got to get some decorative pieces in my build.  

• 2 months later...

It’s furniture time once more.  I’m not sure if this piece will make it into my current house build as the style doesn’t quite fit.  I was inspired by a piece someone I admire recently made and I wanted to attempt my own version.  Here are some of the components....any guesses?

D5C1FB42-34A5-4175-A304-C897969DE198.jpeg

I guess I should have said “most” as the only this missing is a piece of glass.  Some of these pieces were not in their exact final shape as it was still a work n progress. 

I feel confident saying that this is the best piece of furniture I have built.  It’s absolutely my favorite anyway.  Should have pics up tomorrow.  I hope you like it as much as I do. 

Piece of glass suggests shadowbox coffee table.  One of my friends has one she displays her shell collection in that I want one day to reproduce in mini and use some of the mini shells I've collected along the way.

• Like 1

This table is a mid century modern design inspired by the iconic design of Ico Parisi.  An Italian designer/furniture maker.  My version is made from cherry wood and real glass.  The table is finished with several coats of danish oil as staining was not necessary. 

large.1E7DE10D-3684-4934-A075-D0FA268A733F.jpeg.54494ec90a7a4b87764d0ca546a63f2f.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Where did you get real glass that thin?  It looks lots bigger that a microscope slide cover.

I buy the cheapest 8x10 photo frame at Walmart.  Even their thickness varies from frame to frame.  I only had two pieces big enough for the table of the thinnest glass.  I accidentally dropped the first piece:doh: