Is this a Greenleaf?

Shareb

We don't get too many Greenleaf dollhouses here so I was surprised when I found this on our local buy/sell website.  It looks very much like a Pierce - but like half of it is missing.  Any ideas?  I'm not looking at purchasing but will be interested to see if it sells for the price.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/toys-models/dolls/houses-furniture/houses/auction-1545993856.htm?rsqid=4f9840b44b064b19a641e1e687c54654

• Like 1

It is a Greenleaf Pierce, with a side of the house cut. Very interesting that the builder wanted to have a flat back when one of the main beauties of this kit is precisely the L shape. We might be so used to see the long porch on the left side, that this one looks weird to me. Some will like it for sure. What is for sure blown out of proportion is the amount of money that they are pretending to get! wao!

• Like 3

I like it --but it pretty much lost its parlor. I like the small upper hallway.

It should be priced at $75. That isn't what sellers like to hear, but the market is not there for what they are asking --no matter how much time was spent on it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

Oh wait --I see you are outside of US. I have no idea what miniature market is like in Auckland. I wonder if it will sell.

Yes that's why I'm interested in watching this!  Big dollhouses - apart from cheap versions for kids, are really rare and therefore expensive here.  I wouldn't pay that money for it - especially as it's not to what I would consider my standards (not that I'M up to my standards yet!!!!!  :)  ).

I asked on the auction if it's a Greenleaf and she came back with "Yes it is, it was the Pierce, but I cut the 'L' off the end to make it flat. Good spotting!"  I guess it's the more traditional form of dollhouse....