Brisbane Miniature Show this weekend

18 minutes ago, Keifer said:

I also perused through your blog.  I was going to comment there but it seems like a close knit group on there so I didn’t want to be the weird guy out of nowhere.  I can’t believe you spent almost 5 hours in hobby lobby :eek:  lots of good stuff to fuel your creative fires tho, so many things I never would have thought of.  

How much time do you think you spent at the show and was that enough time to see everything you wanted to?

Keith, you are most welcome to comment on my blog.. You are not the weird guy out of no-where.. lol.. Admittedly I don't have a lot of menfolk dropping by, but Giac comments fairly regularly and he's a guy. (You should check out his scratch build, he's quite the artisan.)  :) 

I love turning non-mini crafty things into minis (I spent a little time perusing my local opportunity shop for vintage egg cups to use as table bases the other day. :D ) so I could have stayed in those aisles a few more hours.. I made sure I got to the miniature show when it opened at 10am because often all the good deals are gone by 10:30.. It's like locusts in there. :) You can usually hit the more expensive artisans later because they price out a fair bit of the market so you are more likely to find stuff still on their shelves. Not always though, I think the big shows have more punters so you have to be ruthless about which stalls you are hitting first and stick to it. I've heard many a story of people going to their first stall with dollars in hand only for them to be sold out already.. :eek: Not in Brisbane though.. it's a pretty small miniature crowd so you can be fairly relaxed about it, except for the deal tables. :D 

I was there until about 2pm so a solid four hours.. :rolleyes: But some of that was spent looking at the displays after I'd run out of money. I'll post about the houses I saw as soon as I nix this head cold that's kicking my butt.