New study says we will live longer!

amyole

In my newspaper today, there was a study led by a University of California neurologist that claims the key to living past 90: "subjects who kept busy with a daily hobby two hours a day were 21 percent less likely to die early..." 

Also mentioned were 2 alcoholic beverages (18 percent less likely to experience premature death) & 2 cups of coffee/day (10 percent less likely)! 

:cheers:

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, amyole said:

In my newspaper today, there was a study led by a University of California neurologist that claims the key to living past 90: "subjects who kept busy with a daily hobby two hours a day were 21 percent less likely to die early..." 

Also mentioned were 2 alcoholic beverages (18 percent less likely to experience premature death) & 2 cups of coffee/day (10 percent less likely)! 

:cheers:

This is one study I like. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mid-life madness said:

2 drinks and I would be very wobbly around an x-acto knife. I might have to nix that suggestion,

So have the drinks after you've finished with the sharp instruments for the day. :D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thimble Hall said:

Oh good pets help,. do two double the time..if we can afford them, mine had dental work yesterday..$2100.00  . enough to make you drink!!

1 hour ago, NellBell said:

I agree and not wine though that one needs to be a double whisky.  

Single barrel, 18 year old bourbon!

• Like 1

I think I will go and get a glass of the only wine I really like, Piesporter Gold Treppchen. it is fairly sweet, I am not a connoisseur , dry makes my lips quiver. Maybe if I drank more than my usual which is about three glasses a year I may live long enough to finish a few houses!! I do use alcohol in cooking though, does that count.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018‎ ‎1‎:‎59‎:‎24‎, Thimble Hall said:

Ah yes, but it doesn't evaporate in no bake  white chocolate and Framboise cheesecake

1 hour ago, Qubanqtee said:

which is why Holly you should have it as a side dish :eek:

Dessert as a side dish?  Nope, that's my younger DIL's trick.

• Like 1

My bad, I thought I was relying to Jeannine's post about no-bake alcohol-containing desserts, and that your post referred to that.  Both my parents were alcoholics, so booze for appetizer/ side dish wasn't unusual in my family (not for me, though, so your reply confused me).

4 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

@havanaholly my apologies if I hit a nerve - I do often forget that alcohol can be a problem for many.  Thankfully, we're just being silly.

No nerve hit with me, just a few memories I wish were different.  And the DIL would go for any dessert for a meal!

• Like 1