Can you add clapboard/siding to smooth plywood Lilliput?

Pivot

The newly designed Lilliput dollhouses come with either smooth plywood or MDF.  I don't want to mess with MDF and I built my first dollhouse with milled plywood and loved working with it so I'd like to choose the smooth plywood option. However, the smooth plywood is missing something and I'd like to put clapboard on it so it looks similar to the milled plywood. Is that doable or do I just give up and try to find a milled plywood kit somewhere?

Of course it's doable. You can buy it in sheets or individual strips or you can make your own from heavy card or cardboard or strip-wood. You will just have to plan your cuts around your window and door trims. Alternately you could add it before your windows and doors for easier application but be aware it will affect the depth of your openings slightly which may in turn affect the fit of your windows and doors. You add depth to them easily with strip wood though. Others will tell you to dry fit the house placing all windows & doors with trim, then trace around them onto the smooth plywood. Remove windows & doors and then when applying your siding, work up to these lines leaving the area where the trim sat bare to allow the windows & doors to be fitted lated with the siding abutting  them.

Thanks for the response. I was hoping it was doable but was so surprised that RGT didn't sell siding that it made me think that it wasn't possible. I definitely didn't think about the door/window issue. That was something that wouldn't occur to me. I am so new to building dollhouses that any deviation from the kit seems a bit overwhelming still.

Now that I know I can add siding later, I just have to decide to between the Apple Blossom or Strawberry Patch dollhouse kit.