Is anyone into 1/48th scale please, especially Petite Properties

Thimble Hall

I have the Petite Palais kit. I love their furniture, but the structures have very low ceilings for my taste...probably more realistic though. But i love my 3" ceilings. Their Petit Palais has higher ceilings - so I love that one. I have one built and one in kit form.

• Like 1

Thank  you for the answers. some things I can check out there...great.

Laura as you are making them now I will connect with you first if I  may.

So we know where we are can you kindly tell me what  you are currently working on and which have you done. I pulled Honeymede house  out a few days ago  which is part of Cobllestone Snicket  .I  intended to do a stone cobbled floor on the house base floor but am unsure wether to carry the cobbles right to the edge of the wood or leave a gap where the walls go. I have Bea books and she doesn;t mention leaving a gap but my gut feeling is saying I should

Do you have any  of  the Cobblestone Snicket set , I have some of it and the rest is on order but shipping is very slow. they are coming in bits and pieces as many were out of stock but  I will have to be patient as I know they are busy at shows.

I have never made anything this tiny before so would appreciate any advice you can offer.

Hoping to connect with you

Jeannine

Thank you Holly , that's a thought. I was following their book on exterior finishes that gives some info on the base floor too, . So should I do it on card? I am using paperclay would it not make the card too wet? 

Sable , thank you too, I am not understanding this..do you mean the actual floor slides under the rest of the building or again on some form of card or ?

13 hours ago, Thimble Hall said:

Laura as you are making them now I will connect with you first if I  may.

Absolutely! I'm afraid I haven't made any yet though. I meant that your post got me into them - I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be confusing. I will be ordering Cobblestone Snicket as soon as it's back in stock though and I'll make sure to let you know when I get going on it.

Most of Cobblestone Snicket is available as singles,  he refunded me the difference between buying it individually or as a set as I bought all he had and didn't have the option of buying the full set.  I am still waiting for 1 piece to be available. I also got Memory Lane. Make sure you get the book on Exteriors, it is quite cheap and packed with useful info.

She used a piece of plastic from bakery packaging for stability,  Cut it to the size of the base kit floor, attached her paper flooring to the plastic then glued the furniture on the floor. This slides onto the base kit floor. She didn’t glue it down so that she can change it later if she wants to. It’s just so hard to get the furniture into the house once it’s all decorated so this method makes it much easier. 

3 hours ago, Thimble Hall said:

Most of Cobblestone Snicket is available as singles,  he refunded me the difference between buying it individually or as a set as I bought all he had and didn't have the option of buying the full set.  I am still waiting for 1 piece to be available. I also got Memory Lane. Make sure you get the book on Exteriors, it is quite cheap and packed with useful info.

Oh wow, that's so great of them! And I will definitely get that book, thank you for the recommendation.

I also bought a couple of house books, although the houses are no longer available the info in them is pertinent to most things. Today I looked on YouTube and a man was doing stone exterior on a PP house with Polyfilla, it seemed very easy. I don't remember his name but if you tap in Petite Properties it will come up. It has to be 40 years since I last bought Polyfilla. one choice and it came dry in a packet. Today I went to get some,oh boy the choices, enough to boggle the mind. I\ Wednesday I will try it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petite-Properties-Ltd-136642989703353/?hc_ref=ARTxligolkPZPzbayYiOCAXAtS8JCOW28at9EQSkmChvZbuO23tmlvD4GIHMsj-8tUA&fref=nf

FYI, Petite Properties has a Facebook presence. I saw this today so if you have questions about their houses/kits you might want to check this out.

Thank you Debora but I don't like Facebook, however I am very appreciative of the link.

I spoke to petite Properties last night. They have been at shows travelling throughout the UK. hence the delay in shipping, but glad to hear I have three parcels enroute now. I mentioned someone else was looking for Cobblestone Snicket and was told stocks would be up shortly.

Thank you for the help with tweezers, I do have quite a few pairs of different ones as my husband used them a lot in his work and I am certain I have ones shaped like that. I will certainly try them.

I did get the Polyfilla, but next time I am across the line I will get some of that spackle Holly, it may be different.

I bought green painters tape too, what I had was gone.Oh and I found some brands were tackier than others but didn't know which was which as there was no name on them when I was using them. I hope I got the tacky one.

7 hours ago, Thimble Hall said:

I spoke to petite Properties last night. They have been at shows travelling throughout the UK. hence the delay in shipping, but glad to hear I have three parcels enroute now. I mentioned someone else was looking for Cobblestone Snicket and was told stocks would be up shortly.

Yay!! Thank you for asking for me :) And glad to hear your goodies are in the mail.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was off air for a while, so I am only now seeing this post. I have done the Le Petite Palace. It is cute and simple to construct. I put in lights and flooring and my own printed wall paper.

oh good, I haven't been able to build any yet as I have been out of commmisino with some unpleasant surgery

I have bought almost all of their houses ,well perhaps 80% anyway and am looking forward to doing them soon

• Like 1