Seattle Miniature Show

17 minutes ago, My Miniature Madness said:

Not this year - I have too much stuff already! Next year, for sure, and by then I plan to have a big list of items to shop for! :bigwink:

Aw, bummer! I have too much stuff as well, but it is a great get away trip for us.

• Like 1

Husband and I hope to be there when they open on Saturday.  We are looking over the list of dealers and it looks promising that we will find something to buy within our budget.  Hoping to find some fancy flooring for the Beacon Hill.  Husband's favorite and first stop is the NAME booth.  I do notice that the dealer, Arta Minis, sells vintage and discontinued Bespaq at discounted prices.

Also want to take a peek at the Loren Kerf Dollhouse Shell being offered by Debbie Graham in the mini-acres sell area.  We just rehabbed the same shell, but perhaps we wrongly deduced the name was Loren Korff.  Wonder if the shell was originally designed and sold only here in the Pacific Northwest.  Would be fun to someday learn more about this house.

• Like 2

Yes I did and my daughter is willing to take me but I need to think about this carefully. It is about 4 hours apparently and that involves crossing the border on a weekend which could be a problem and we would have to leave very  early, I don' t want to stay overnight so much thought going on

I know Melt was planning to go. Carrie, you should PM her.

I just simply can't. My back is worse than it's ever been and I doubt I could make it from the parking lot into the show area. The time Lisa and I went a couple of years ago, I had to leave the showroom and sit down to rest my back about three or four times. Now I don't think I could make it from the doorway to the back row of tables and back again without having to sit down. And the only place to sit is outside the room unless they put a couple of chairs against the wall.

I hate to say it,but it's time to start thinking about seeing a doctor again. Although I just hate the thought of it - they never take any back problems seriously. It's like a waste of time going to them.

• Like 1

Kelly I hear you loud and clear. I did go out today, only the second time in 2 months and I am paying for it now. I have to make it to the border tomorrow then I will be done I think. although there is no walking involved. I have two definite spinal problems that have been diagnosed and are not fixable and it is very difficult to deal with. My doctor fortunately is very good and super nice but he doesn't have a magic wand. Walk a little,. rest a little..repeat all day and when you do get a good day don't waste it on doing all the things you have negelected for a while. just embrace it and enjoy it.  Good Luck. XX Jeannine

They might be able to fix it if A) they would admit something is actually wrong and B) they could figure out what it is. I've had only one or two doctors just get to the A part, let alone to B.

Also, I'm on Medicare right now and I need to be a little careful with that. I don't have any gap coverage just yet. Since I'm under 62, gap coverage in my area is limited to only two kinds, both costing a fortune. So I'm going without right now. In about a year, I should have more options for gap coverage and then maybe I can afford to get surgery. We'll see.

Kelly, I had a procedure done some time ago that zapped the nerve endings in my back where my damaged areas are. It was done under light anesthetic , the surgeon could see on a screen where he was going. I was told the nerves would regenerate but I might get 18 months relief. It was done in the Uk. It worked well one one side, not so much the other and where it worked I got 2 years from it.

I had a wonderful time in Seattle. I am still physically exhausted from our sight seeing activities. Here is a sunny day picture I snapped from West Seattle looking into down town.

I didn't get to see Mt. Ranier, but I did meet Christine and Melanie. They are both lovely people. Christine and I rubbed shoulders at some of the same booths. She has great taste inminis!5aa05bd8d8174_IMG_0659(4).thumb.JPG.6c3a

There are so many people in this area right here on this forum. Maybe we should schedule an informal time to meet once a month at a restaurant, maybe bring some miniatures with or, I don't know, do something. Maybe a road trip somewhere?

9 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

I had a wonderful time in Seattle. I am still physically exhausted from our sight seeing activities. Here is a sunny day picture I snapped from West Seattle looking into down town.

I didn't get to see Mt. Ranier, but I did meet Christine and Melanie. They are both lovely people. Christine and I rubbed shoulders at some of the same booths. She has great taste inminis!5aa05bd8d8174_IMG_0659(4).thumb.JPG.6c3a

Pictures please. May be time for a blog post! :D 

• 10 months later...