new from Florida

suzanneg

Hi i purchased  the San Franciscan dollhouse. I'm can't seem to figure this out it doesn't seem to be like the other dollhouse that iv'e built. Has anyone built one of theses they may be able to give me some pointers, i have instructions but they don't seem to be very helpful. thanks in advance

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Welcome Suzanne,

@Samusa and @Qubanqtee are currently building the San Franciscan by Dura-Craft. You can check their albums and ask specific questions to the entire forum.

19 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Welcome Suzanne,

@Samusa and @Qubanqtee are currently building the San Franciscan by Dura-Craft. You can check their albums and ask specific questions to the entire forum.

20 minutes ago, Sable said:

Where are you located in FL? I’m in Broward County.

I live in pasco county near Land o Lakes

Welcome to the little family, Suanne.  I grew up in S FL, spent 30+ years in N FL and now live just over the Perdido River in AL.  Which of the Dura-Craft San Franciscans are you building?  The SF557 was the last version of the kit, and was made of MDF.  The SF555 was the first kit I ever built.

On 2/27/2018, 7:44:07, Qubanqtee said:

Hi Suzanne @suzanneg Welcome to the forum  - I'm in the process of building the SF555 by dura craft.  which model did you get?  Happy to help as I know the instructions can be quite backwards 

I'm doing the San Franciscan  Duracraft 555. I can't seen to figure out the front part where the wood strips go '

12 hours ago, suzanneg said:

I'm doing the San Franciscan  Duracraft 555. I can't seen to figure out the front part where the wood strips go '

yes, which pieces - is it the front where the windows are?  If you've recently started that may be what you're referring to. These would be the pieces that are glued together and have a slot for them to slide into? most of them slide into the base after the base is assembled.  I didn't necessarily follow the order of instructions because I'm a visual learner so I had a hard time with the instructions and some of them didn't make sense to me so I had to work my way through without necessarily following them, (if that makes any sense at all.)

If you look in my SF555 album (you can see it in my profile) you might be able to see where the pieces you're talking about go......hopefully you'll see this soon and don't give up!  These are some of the harder kits until you "see" how its put together.

Let us know how to help you

• Like 1

• 1 month later...