Who’s going to the Chicago shows?

53 posts in this topic

I will always enjoy looking at your unique finds at the Chicago shows, Brea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Sable said:

I will always enjoy looking at your unique finds at the Chicago shows, Brea.

Me, too, Brae. You have a knack for spotting the unique.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!  It's always so much fun even with the hectic pace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s almost that time again.  Who’s going? I will be there on Saturday.  I’ll be the 6’3” guy who looks out of place and a bit lost.

I almost took a class this year but a $400 vet bill put the kibosh on that.  There’s always next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be at 3 Blind Mice Thursday night, the Bishop preview on Friday, the Miniature Show Saturday, maybe Bishop again Sat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will try to repeat the triple showtime that I had last year, this year again on Friday 26th, but at least the Bishop preview for sure :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YEAH! I will be there it's my very first time. I'm taking a couple of classes .Not sure I'll make all three shows like I originally planed. I had to change and leave back home early Saturday for a wedding Saturday evening I forgot about. I really lucked out as my hubby had some business in Chicago and I'm tagging along.

I'm so excited to go 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats sooo cool you get to go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NellBell said:

YEAH! I will be there it's my very first time. I'm taking a couple of classes .Not sure I'll make all three shows like I originally planed. I had to change and leave back home early Saturday for a wedding Saturday evening I forgot about. I really lucked out as my hubby had some business in Chicago and I'm tagging along.

I'm so excited to go 

Put some snacks in your purse and water because once you start it is nonstop! :D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so envious!  Someday. . . .  On my bucket list, for sure.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, minilover62 said:

Put some snacks in your purse and water because once you start it is nonstop! :D

Thanks I will pack some snacks and water for sure. I'm taking full advantage of being there . I even took a night class making tulips and a class using a jewelers saw. I actually made my list of tables I want to see for sure ( someone had suggested this ) I'm sure I get overwhelmed and just stare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in Chicago and I think that three shows in one weekend is overwhelming!  I remember going to the Tom Bishop shows as a child and look forward to going to that one first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trick for me was that no matter how amazing everything is, I moved as fast as my eyes let me from one table to the next. I just stopped a bit more when I found something that I remembered I was looking for (no time to be looking at your wish list if you made one, try to memorize your things to save some time while walking). Finding a specific table might cut precious time; i made my walking route and was determined to walk in front of every table, so when I found the tables that I was after, Bingo!, made my purchase if what I wanted was still available, and kept moving! You will fill less overwhelmed this way, at least it worked for me, and i didn't feel that I missed too much. I did the same for all 3 shows, and I pretty much saw everything in one day. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@otterine I also stopped at Cyd’s table and picked up a nice original light from her.  I spent quite a bit of time at her table as her stuff is more in line with my tastes. This was my first time at the 3 blind mice show.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pea green with envy over here :footinmouth:.......but show us your loot so we can dream of going!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year was my first time at any show, and I went to all of them in one day, so I spent a lot of time taking lots of pictures, like probable many newbies do. This time I didn't take too many pictures and enjoyed looking at stuff more. One detail that I love about The Miniatures Show is that the vendors have fancy candy on their tables to treat everybody, shopping or not shopping, and since lots of them are from overseas, it's great to sample their candy! hihihi 

This year I only got 2 things: a Miniaturas Ediciones magazine old Edition, from Spain (it has an article about making a beautiful Dollhouse Shop in 144th scale), and this Millie August red Pepperwood Farmhouse in a Courtyard (case also included). Tempted to buy some of this veggies and one of this Japanese tiny houses, but ran out of time. Hopefully next year! Ohh, and the last 2 houses from the Canadian Little Dollhouse Company were amazing!

 

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, man--those veggies that cut and peel just like real ones were so cool! I bought a purple cabbage but am now deeply regretting not having gotten at least an onion and an avocado too :) Will have to find the artist's card in the pile I collected and see if she also sells online. 

Edit: Those huge laser-cut houses were amazing too!!! I wish I'd gotten a chance to see them up close, but there was always a crowd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am back from the Chicago shows very first time attending. I did some classes and a lot of shopping . I bought a few things seems like bunnies and bears captured by money. I bought material and trims I like that I can actually see them.  Lastly I bought for my armory a dagger and a mace . I was going to make the mace but found it really cheap. I'll post some photos once I take them. 

I can home exhausted It was a crazy 4 days I took 4 classes. Learned how to use a jewelers saw, two flower classes one I finished and one was so hard and so accurate and detailed that no-one finished a flower (so I will work on them this week while they are still fresh). The last class was doll that I am finishing now. She is just stunning .

My favorite part is the classes and meeting the people everyone is so nice and friendly. Hope I get to go again.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 classes...wow, that would be intense.  I came close to taking a class, next year for sure.  Funny story from the show.  I was admiring an artists furniture and this woman next to me says “oh if you like this you should see this persons work”.  I’m like ok where is he?   She says he’s in the other room.  OTHER ROOM!?!   So evidently when I came last year for the first time, I only saw one room cuz I thought thats all there was.  Turns out there was 3 rooms.  

#overwhelmed & exhausted 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Keifer said:

4 classes...wow, that would be intense.  I came close to taking a class, next year for sure.  Funny story from the show.  I was admiring an artists furniture and this woman next to me says “oh if you like this you should see this persons work”.  I’m like ok where is he?   She says he’s in the other room.  OTHER ROOM!?!   So evidently when I came last year for the first time, I only saw one room cuz I thought thats all there was.  Turns out there was 3 rooms.  

#overwhelmed & exhausted 

Oh ya on the classes I won't be doing that again . Not much time to meet people and was so tired at the end of the day . I missed the two rooms too until someone asked if I saw all three rooms? Also almost missed the third room at the Three Blind Mice show until I read the signs one more time before I was going to leave. I was gone by Saturday am. SO much to do and so little time.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019, 1:06:09, Wonky Woo said:

Oh, man--those veggies that cut and peel just like real ones were so cool! I bought a purple cabbage but am now deeply regretting not having gotten at least an onion and an avocado too :) Will have to find the artist's card in the pile I collected and see if she also sells online. 

Edit: Those huge laser-cut houses were amazing too!!! I wish I'd gotten a chance to see them up close, but there was always a crowd.

I love this lady she has been at a couple of shows in CA . Her food is amazing and she's so sweet. She'll probably be in San Jose in October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now