Who’s going to the Chicago shows?

40 posts in this topic

I will always enjoy looking at your unique finds at the Chicago shows, Brea.

52 minutes ago, Sable said:

I will always enjoy looking at your unique finds at the Chicago shows, Brea.

Me, too, Brae. You have a knack for spotting the unique.

Thanks!  It's always so much fun even with the hectic pace.

It’s almost that time again.  Who’s going? I will be there on Saturday.  I’ll be the 6’3” guy who looks out of place and a bit lost.

I almost took a class this year but a $400 vet bill put the kibosh on that.  There’s always next year. 

I'll be at 3 Blind Mice Thursday night, the Bishop preview on Friday, the Miniature Show Saturday, maybe Bishop again Sat.

I will try to repeat the triple showtime that I had last year, this year again on Friday 26th, but at least the Bishop preview for sure :D

YEAH! I will be there it's my very first time. I'm taking a couple of classes .Not sure I'll make all three shows like I originally planed. I had to change and leave back home early Saturday for a wedding Saturday evening I forgot about. I really lucked out as my hubby had some business in Chicago and I'm tagging along.

I'm so excited to go 

2 people like this

Thats sooo cool you get to go!

18 hours ago, NellBell said:

YEAH! I will be there it's my very first time. I'm taking a couple of classes .Not sure I'll make all three shows like I originally planed. I had to change and leave back home early Saturday for a wedding Saturday evening I forgot about. I really lucked out as my hubby had some business in Chicago and I'm tagging along.

I'm so excited to go 

Put some snacks in your purse and water because once you start it is nonstop! :D

1 person likes this

I am so envious!  Someday. . . .  On my bucket list, for sure.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, minilover62 said:

Put some snacks in your purse and water because once you start it is nonstop! :D

Thanks I will pack some snacks and water for sure. I'm taking full advantage of being there . I even took a night class making tulips and a class using a jewelers saw. I actually made my list of tables I want to see for sure ( someone had suggested this ) I'm sure I get overwhelmed and just stare.

I live in Chicago and I think that three shows in one weekend is overwhelming!  I remember going to the Tom Bishop shows as a child and look forward to going to that one first. 

The trick for me was that no matter how amazing everything is, I moved as fast as my eyes let me from one table to the next. I just stopped a bit more when I found something that I remembered I was looking for (no time to be looking at your wish list if you made one, try to memorize your things to save some time while walking). Finding a specific table might cut precious time; i made my walking route and was determined to walk in front of every table, so when I found the tables that I was after, Bingo!, made my purchase if what I wanted was still available, and kept moving! You will fill less overwhelmed this way, at least it worked for me, and i didn't feel that I missed too much. I did the same for all 3 shows, and I pretty much saw everything in one day. :D