RosieSunshine

Hello, I've been lurking on these forums for a few weeks now and decided I should finally take the plunge and join to better my skills and to prepare for down the road. I'm from Maryland, I describe myself as an chocolate marshmallow woman with  a lot of all things miniature stemming from childhood. I've always been drawn to dolls, to interior design, and even to crafting. However it's only been in the last two years that I've mentally and emotionally gotten to a place where I have processed my own agency in regards to crafting, miniatures, and taking ownership of the things I love that are a bit more eclectic. I used to be one of those kids who'd get cool art things for birthdays from friends that'd need adult supervision and when I asked about it the answer was "not right now" from parents and then I never asked again even if I wanted to. Without meaning to that became a long standing barrier that mingled with an intense anxiety around things not turning out as I envisioned. But life is too short to not work through those things and pursue what I enjoy.

Currently I'm rather in love with Calico Critters/ Sylvanian families, which speak to my love of whimsy and charm stemming from a deep love of fairy tails and country cottages from my childhood. I hope to begin working again this summer and start saving for my first kit, but in the mean time I'm enjoying building from cardboard. I'm glad to be here and can't wait to learn from everyone.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2018, 2:03:01, srroncone said:

Hello DD!  Where in MD do you live?  I live in WV, just across the Potomac from Hagerstown near Martinsburg.  If you're close, maybe we could mini sometime! 

Sara Lee

I am right near Baltimore. Nice to hear  I have some mini loving neighbors!

• 1 month later...