Mouse Sander and other tools

Thimble Hall

I am looking at getting one of these, can anyone tell me if I need to buy the Black and Decker or is the cheaper clone as good.

I am gradually building ip my tools, Yesterday after several weeks of thinking  I finally ordered and  picked up the Circular bench mini saw from the border pick up. My SIL fell in love with it. he must have every regular size tool known to man, I gave him a piece of molding and he mitered it in several ways. He then offered to cut all the pieces for all my houses.. and he is incredibly picky so I think I have found a doll house  making pal after all.

I was also thinking of a jigsaw thingy to cut shapes out????  Any help appreciated.

Is there anything else that anyone considers  a real help before I get into some of these big kits I have bought please?

• Like 1

I have the Black and Decker, and love it. I had the older version, but I gave it to my daughter when she was working on some projects, and figured I'd buy me another. I don't care for the newer version as much, but it's still good. And it has a saw dust catcher, so guess that's good. :)

3 hours ago, Thimble Hall said:

...I was also thinking of a jigsaw thingy to cut shapes out????...

If you're any good with a sewing machine, get your SIL to let you use his scrollsaw.

SIL scroll saw is huge , I need something to use that is smaller and can be in my work room.I will check out the Mini toolshop for a craft one, thankyou Holly.

Thank you also Tracy, this is one thing that SIL does not have LOL

I think the sander is definitely worth getting. It's the only power tool I have. And the fact that I bought a second one should tell you something.

I use it to sand the edges of the die cut kits, and also to sand floors after they are installed. The pointy part makes it easy to get into the corners. And then recently I used it to sand the steps in my house.

I LOVE! my Trio!  When I was rehabbing the Pierce I used it to cut what were to become lovely double French doors opening into the attachable conservatory off the parlor with a roof garden above that opened off the master bedroom.  *sigh*

I’m not a big power tool person but I used my husbands scroll saw to cut foam core for steps I made in the little castle room box and it worked like a dream. Saved me so much time. I probably use my Easy Cutter more than anything.