Wiring an partially completed dollhouse

CraftyGramZ

I have been reading a bit about wiring and am overwhelmed.  I posted some photos of a gifted dollhouse that I am trying to restore.  I would like to wire it but just don't know where to start.   

Is there a good book for beginners or a good youtube video?  I have read a few articles but am still wary.   I don't want to go any further on restoration until I have figured out this wiring.  

I have already gotten such wonderful advice on other aspects of this little (big) housed and am so very grateful.

Pati 

2 hours ago, CraftyGramZ said:

...I would like to wire it but just don't know where to start.   

Is there a good book for beginners or a good youtube video?...

Our own Darrell posted this electrification tutorial in the 'gallery here:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&category=16

Are you planning to use tapewire or round wire or LED lighting?  There are quite a few options.  Husband used round wire on our big porch rehab house that we recently completed and is now attempting to teach me more about it on our current rehab, the Beacon Hill.

We cut grooves for the round wire in thin plywood templates that will be glued onto the existing walls.  We are running quite a few wires in some of the grooves and I didn't want to weaken the existing walls.  The grooves in the floors (for the ceiling lights) will be covered by flooring.

I am attempting to put a picture to show what we have done so far with the electrical in my Beacon Hill album in the Member's Gallery, but not sure I uploaded the picture correctly -- so may have to try that again.

Looking forward to seeing progress on your rehab project.

I am planning to use tapewire.  I have ordered a kit and it should be here next week.  I had purchased a small starter kit from Hobby Lobby but it will not do enough lights.  I didn't know there was a limit.  Anyway i have just painted the inside walls because I read somewhere that needed to be done before wiring.  The walls had been wallpapered but never primed sealed or painted in any way.  I will repaper them after the wiring is done.  

Since the house had already been completed it is challenging to say the least. Much of the house has come apart and I have been repairing it. Sometimes I think I bit off more than I can chew but I am determined. 

I am posting some new pics today of some of what I have been working on.

Thanks all for the info.

Pati