Hello miniature community, 

I have searched this site to see if I could find any discussions or information about whether DuraCraft is still in business or not. 

My dollhouse kit (Farmhouse) has an order form for new parts if they are ruined or missing. It says it's in Newberg, OR. but the number is disconnected and I'm guessing they don't exist any longer? I can't find a website that belongs to them either. Why is the dollhouse world so underground? Hahaha.

Anyway, my kit is missing ALL of the window panes and mirrors. I'm sure I can make them myself with the right materials, but another frustrating aspect of this project, is that not one piece has the measurements listed in the manual. So if there is a source for these parts by a company that bought them out...or? 

Thanks for you help! 

Katie

Edited by Aquarius Katie

2 hours ago, Aquarius Katie said:

Thanks so much.  I do have the instructions, they just don't list the sizing to make it easier to replace missing pieces myself. 

I thought maybe they might have the measurements?

http://dollhouseworkshop.net/instructions/duracraft/FH505.pdf

Katie, in the front of the instruction manual there ought to be some schematics with drawings of the parts; I remember the longframe pieces were the correct dimensions in the drawings for the crosscut views and the lengths to cut them to were given in the instructions.  For things like windows and mirrors (?) you can cut replacements to fit when you have constructed the frames.  Dura-Craft closed up shop many years ago and to my knowledge no one bought them out.

I do hope you will introduce yourself in the Newcomers' Forum.

• 2 months later...
On 3/4/2018, 5:12:49, Aquarius Katie said:

Hello miniature community, 

I have searched this site to see if I could find any discussions or information about whether DuraCraft is still in business or not. 

My dollhouse kit (Farmhouse) has an order form for new parts if they are ruined or missing. It says it's in Newberg, OR. but the number is disconnected and I'm guessing they don't exist any longer? I can't find a website that belongs to them either. Why is the dollhouse world so underground? Hahaha.

Anyway, my kit is missing ALL of the window panes and mirrors. I'm sure I can make them myself with the right materials, but another frustrating aspect of this project, is that not one piece has the measurements listed in the manual. So if there is a source for these parts by a company that bought them out...or? 

Thanks for you help! 

Katie

Katie, I have the Victorian VH-600.  It looks just like the farmhouse except that it has a tower.  The window panes are 2 3/16 x 4 9/16, if that is any help to you.  A picture of the Victorian VH-600 is in my gallery.  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I am new to this site. just found a Duracraft VH-600 in moderate condition. with the tower.  I am up for the renovation.  could anyone direct me to where I can find the instructions?  would love it if you can help.

Thank you, Rosemary

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Anyone on here willing to sell their Farmhouse 505 to me? Or know where I can find replacement outside wall parts? I have been building this for my daughter for over a year and haven’t finished it because my walls bowed when the glue dried so I’m afraid it’s not going to go together right so I’ve just been avoiding it but her birthday is coming up so I really want to get it finished for her! Please let me know ASAP!!! :)