Gypsy Wagon Opinions please!

Shareb

Hi all - I am completely bamboozeled!  Now that I know I'm not going to use the trim that I spent a ridiculous amount of money on (and feel somewhat guilty about), I have chosen what to use as the ribs and I'm happy with that (although the colour scheme is still somewhat up in the air.  However, I just cannot figure how to do the decoration and as you can see by the pics here, I have a number of choices.  I think I have a top three, but then I'm not completely sure.  You know how sometimes you're just to close to something to see it with fresh eyes?  So, I would love your opinions please!  Have a look here at the traditional wagons I'm somewhat following:

https://www.pinterest.nz/rebeccareckin/gypsy-caravans/

And then please consider what works the best out of these:

large.IMG_20180308_120654-Optimized.jpg.large.IMG_20180308_120421-Optimized.jpg.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NellBell said:

I agree wth all first choice third form left then 2nd from left . Sorry throwing in another thought second from left but the flower is gold .

Sorry, should have said that all the back pieces will definitely be gold.  And yep - I agree with you all!  That's the one I've been playing around with already and have already sprayed all the pieces gold - so I should have gone with my original train of though.  Feeling a little like I've lost my mojo now as I've just been told that one of my best mates, who lives around the corner and I've known for 9 years, is moving about a 7-8 hour drive away.  :( Plus painting difficult bits like the undercarraige is really BORING!  And hard to get looking good.  Blah.

Oh boy do I understand . I'm fine with a small to medium size project . But when its bigger and their are just so many decisions I get off track and second guess myself. Especially if I'm trying something new like paper clay and leaded windows . I'm in total procrastination mode on my Fairy /Dragon castle . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NellBell said:

Oh boy do I understand . I'm fine with a small to medium size project . But when its bigger and their are just so many decisions I get off track and second guess myself. Especially if I'm trying something new like paper clay and leaded windows . I'm in total procrastination mode on my Fairy /Dragon castle . 

Ahhh....leaded windows.  I'm sitting here googling what type of pens to use for a stained glass window on acetate!  Unfortunately, as with so many of these things, the pens used are not available here so I think I'm going to have to just try the different types I have here to see what works!!  Decisions, decisions!!  BTW, I love your Dragon castle!

Okay, disaster just happened.....  a piece of a 'leaded' window acetate fell into paint.  So I took it to the sink to wash off the paint and it's washed off all the black ruled lines as well!!!!  However....I'm thinking that maybe I turn this piece into a work of 'art' for the front door......

1 minute ago, Shareb said:

Okay, disaster just happened.....  a piece of a 'leaded' window acetate fell into paint.  So I took it to the sink to wash off the paint and it's washed off all the black ruled lines as well!!!!  However....I'm thinking that maybe I turn this piece into a work of 'art' for the front door......

I like your positivity! :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KathieB said:

I like your positivity! :) 

Part of me is thinking I should just give up on this for today!  I've come off a drug I was on which wasn't doing a thing, and it may be the reason why my mood is somewhat low today.  Plus I'm in oodles of pain.  However.....what else am I going to do??  At least this helps to keep my mind off it!  I'm now looking up cat stained glass patterns....or maybe I should go for stars/moon.....or runes.....My gypsy is going to be a fortune teller after all!

49 minutes ago, Shareb said:

cat stained glass patterns....or maybe I should go for stars/moon.....or runes.....My gypsy is going to be a fortune teller after all!

Oh, the caravan must have a cat, but a real one, not an image. I like the stars/moon idea for decor. She needs a set of rune stones to use in her craft, but runes as decorations seems to be a little too in-your-face.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Oh, the caravan must have a cat, but a real one, not an image. I like the stars/moon idea for decor. She needs a set of rune stones to use in her craft, but runes as decorations seems to be a little too in-your-face.

Totally agree!  I already have chips of Rose Quartz to make the runes!

• Like 1

So....here's the window!  And as far as a 'real' cat goes....can anyone direct me to good (but not necessarily expensive) 1:12 cats/animals?? Oh - and it looks MUCH better in person than in this picture....

large.IMG_20180309_150945-Optimized.jpg.

6 hours ago, Shareb said:

So....here's the window!  And as far as a 'real' cat goes....can anyone direct me to good (but not necessarily expensive) 1:12 cats/animals?? Oh - and it looks MUCH better in person than in this picture....

large.IMG_20180309_150945-Optimized.jpg.

It looks awfully cute in the picture.  Well done, you!

• Like 1

What a fabulous window!  Very happy accident.  I like the art deco look to the cat.  I was going to direct you to Barbara Meyer of Mini-Gems for animals, but she has a new site under construction!  :(  You can see some of her work here:  http://thedailymini.com/daily-mini-interview-miniatures-barbara-ann-meyer-mini-gems/   Her things a bit pricier than the standard Falcon minis, but still affordable and I think much more realistic.  Hopefully, her new site will be up soon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

What a fabulous window!  Very happy accident.  I like the art deco look to the cat.  I was going to direct you to Barbara Meyer of Mini-Gems for animals, but she has a new site under construction!  :(  You can see some of her work here:  http://thedailymini.com/daily-mini-interview-miniatures-barbara-ann-meyer-mini-gems/   Her things a bit pricier than the standard Falcon minis, but still affordable and I think much more realistic.  Hopefully, her new site will be up soon.

Yes, they do look gorgeous - probably well worth the wait.  I'll have to keep checking her website - thank you!

5 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Our own member Anya makes the most realistic cats I have ever seen.

Does she make them to sell?  And if so, do you know if Anya has a website??  Thank you!

Okay - this is driving me batty.  I ned your opinion please!  Which side do you prefer?  I'm going off this picture and I realise that neither is exactly alike.  I didn't think I had enough gold leaves but thankfully I found four more - two for each side.  So now I can have five spines on each quarter.  Do I use either of these or do I try to find something closer to the picture?  I am so confused!!

I think my problem is that I prefer the left side, but have been trying to keep it as original as possible which is more like the right side. I am soooo....confused. I have done nothing to this all day because I keep playing with the sides and getting nowhere fast.

large.IMG_20180310_160007-Optimized.jpg.large.IMG_20180310_160001-Optimized.jpg.

I don't think it has to be an exact duplicate of the real thing.  I was always a big fan of the shows on HGTV where they'd take an inspiration room and try to recreate it on a budget. Things didn't have to match exactly; they went for "look and feel."  We don't work on a budget, but we work on a smaller scale.  Either side would work, but I agree with you that I prefer the left side.  The right side seems a little too crowded, I think.  The left-hand side gives you the look and feel of the original, while still being aesthetically pleasing on a smaller scale.  Just my two cents.

• Like 1