Hello I'm Nathalie from France

Hello everybody

I was suggested to register to your forum by a kind lady. So here I am!

I 'm a 49 (nearly 50 !)years old proud mum of 3 beautiful daughters (aged now of 20, 18 and 14 !) .

I always love miniatures since I'm a child and when I was a student to become a physiotherapist I started to craft by myself furnitures for my pleasure, then roomboxes. I discover that it was a real hobby when I went to London and visited a dedicated shop and shows. 

In France it is not very popular as in England or America. Until internet arrives, it was very hard to find supplies to work with. But now!!! 
I build my first and only dollhouse when my first daughter came into this world in 1998, it was the dollhouse provided by Del Prado. I followed all instructions and finished it, and of course when finished I knew that it was possible to make it very personnal. So I started to recustomize it, but at the same time I started to go to fairs, meet miniatures friends (not popular in France but forums help to make friends! so did I !) and learn new technics then in 2009  I had a live class with Dana Burton (from Miniatureart and Minidollslist) and started to walk in the dolls world.

And I don't want to leave it !!! I started to make my own dolls  but unsatisfied by the blank kits -mostly men are not at my taste- I started to sculpt them. And what a joy to finish a project that matches what you had in mind! At the same time I attended live classes, shows and workshops. I also made a few tutorials for American Miniaturists and had a few reports showcasing my work. 

Now I'm exhibiting my work for the 2nd time I will be attending The Miniature Show in april in Schaumburg. I feel excited!! I'm even featured in the DHM61 and AM 180 for the show! I feel so proud!

• Like 2

Bienvenue a la petite famille, Nathalie!  (My husband has decided to learn French, which is much harder for him at 76 than it was for me at 16, but I am enjoying the refresher)  When you have made five posts you can make albums in the gallery here to share photos of your minis.

27 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

When you have made five posts you can make albums in the gallery here to share photos of your minis.

Nathalie, welcome to the forum. Your work is outstandingly beautiful! I wish I were going to the show in Schaumburg to see it up in person!

Holly, check Nathalie's website here for some beautiful examples of her work. 

24 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Kathie, thank you for the link.  Nathalie, you do gorgeous work!

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Thank Mike. He posted it first but I thought you might have missed it. 

So pleased to have you here. My Duolingo French lessons got me through 85% of your website’s narrative. Thanks for the English translation for the other 15%. 

Duh! Schaumburg, Illinois! Not some city in Europe which I’d could never get to. 

• Like 1

Nathalie, so glad you registered here, hope you visit often. We have so much in common, I’m also 49, my kids ages are 14,15,19 (boys) and 26(daughter).I also started building dollhouses because I bought a house for my daughter when she was 5 (now 26), and I’m also obsessed/in love with dollmaking altho I cant imagine ever trying to sculpt my own, I got a kiln for Christmas and have been learning how to make my own from molds. My favorite part is costuming them though and have started studying historical clothing styles, I think it’s so interesting. Best of luck at the show :) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Welcome....you were in Schaumburg at 3 blind mice!!!  I missed you!!! With the traffic coming from Wisconsin line, I had a hard time just getting to Marriott Ohare to that International show.  So looking forward to all your future work.