Help with Door and Window measurements

Roxxie2

I plan to make a room box scene using this room box.    I have to buy a door and a window for it.   I don't know how to measure to buy the correct size door and window.
The size given for the room box door and window openings are as follows:  
Door  3 1/16 wide x 7 1/4 high.
Window 2 9/16 wide x 5 1/16 high

The single doors and window sizes do not match the sizes given for the openings so I don't know how to make sure I get the right ones.  I am shopping on miniatures.com

Thanks

box.png

I just bought narrow doors for my willow from Earth and tree. It is from Classics rather than Houseworks. You may need to add filler or get creative with the trim to hide any gaps?

https://earthntree.com/miniatures/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72_1011_1013&products_id=9131

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

You could make a door and window, especially if they could be nonworking.

That's where I am at now.   Sable had posted about Earth and Tree but they are a bit pricy for me.  Thanks anyway Sable!
I've made doors but never windows so I will have to see what happens there.  I could cut the frames from balsa wood probably.  I was trying to keep this room box inexpensive as possible.   You know how that goes!   I think I would like a working door with a window but that might be pushing my skill.  lol

The standard double hung houseworks windows fit that size opening. I know this because I am shopping windows myself and have been reseaching opening sizes. The one you mention is the standard 5 inch window opening and there are lots of options. The bonnet pediment, broken pediment & triangle/peaked pediment windows will all fit. As will the standard frame working window.

https://www.miniatures.com/Traditional-Working-Window-P17942.aspx

12 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I guess I was wondering why you would need a working door/ window for a roombox, unless you were extending the back & side to include scenes for them to open onto.

I just thought it would be cute to have the door actually look good and work too!  :)