The Bar Room Box

Sable

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I have seen THAT bar in some hotel, but I like your copper picture much better!

There are a few downloaded photos of bars that I am using as inspiration. Unfortunately, I didn’t jot down the names of them and of course I can’t find them on the internet now to be able to tell you what they are. If you remember the name of the hotel, I’ll see if it’s one of mine.

2 hours ago, Sable said:

...If you remember the name of the hotel, I’ll see if it’s one of mine.

I remember what I had for breakfast, does that count?  Probably somewhere in San Francisco (we don't stay in hotels with visible bars that much).

I made a hammered copper sink out of copper sheets I purchased at HL. The copper was way too clean so I researched aged copper. A hard boiled egg in a plastic container along with the sink aged it beautifully within an hour. Unfortunately, the faucet made of faux copper wire didn’t age at all. I’ll try painting it with a wash.

Love your beer taps Sable.. This is all coming along swimmingly.. I'm really looking forward to following along. :) 

Hard-boiled egg you say?... I've GOT to look that up.. I'm intrigued! :D 

My two week obsession with working on this bar has been rudely interrupted by a weekend trip to Vero Beach to search for new flooring for the RL cottage. I was able to finish the back cabinet but still deciding if I want to polyurethane everything or keep the stain raw. Here is my sink which still needs a wash dabbed on it to add more age to it. I’ve fixed the edge of the front left corner since this photo was taken.

64DA8BBE-3CA6-4F24-A868-4673584897EA.jpeg

1 hour ago, NellBell said:

This is really amazing, Can you design my bar and I mean my real bar. 

That’s so funny. I can create a lot of things in miniature but I can’t design anything in real life. The new “thing” in real life is vinyl plank flooring. Very practical for a beach house but I just can’t  get over the vinyl stigma. Florida has always been all about tile floors but apparently all of the tile installers have moved away...to where I have no idea, so now vinyl is the new thing. @holly will appreciate the new offering of quartz floors aka terrazzo. Yes, terrazzo is making a comeback. My mother hated our terrazzo floors. 

8 hours ago, Sable said:

...@holly will appreciate the new offering of quartz floors aka terrazzo. Yes, terrazzo is making a comeback. My mother hated our terrazzo floors. 

My best friend in Sarasota has terrazzo floors all throughout her house; they will freeze your feet off if you go barefoot (or even in socks, like me) and even Corelle and Melamine will smash into a bazillion bits if dropped on it.  No thank you!

The cash register and expresso maker are from Elf Miniatures. The lamp was one of my very first mini purchases in 1978. It has been sitting in a box just waiting for this scenario. Some wine bottles semi fill the shelves. 

1EF73BB1-3320-431C-A773-6B9E8703FD09.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Did you make those chianti bottles?  Or where did you get them?  They are so perfect for a bar!

I found them in a box donated to our club along with the other wine and liquor bottles. I suspect they are polymer clay, maybe. They are what sparked the bar project.