Glueing jig

WestPaces

Hi everyone.

I just got my glueing jig from Micro Mark and I am delighted with it. However, sometimes I see that people have a glueing jig with two open sides which I think would be good to have also. If you have one of these can you give me the name or reference?

Thank you:)

8 minutes ago, WestPaces said:

Hi everyone.

I just got my glueing jig from Micro Mark and I am delighted with it. However, sometimes I see that people have a glueing jig with two open sides which I think would be good to have also. If you have one of these can you give me the name or reference?

Thank you:)

Post a pic I don't know what a glueing jig is 

34 minutes ago, sparklepuppies said:

Janet, I got mine with two open sides at the mini show from the Smaller than Life guy, whatever the store name was. I used it last weekend for the first time, and I love it.

Hey Tracy! I saw he had one for sale but I thought it was the 4 sided one :( Adding it to my loooong shopping list :)

Yep... Those shopping lists tend to keep growing.  The more you buy, the more you *need*.

And honestly, I didn't really think about it having 2 or 4 sides... I just knew that a gluing jig had been on my list for years, and I never get around to remember to order one, so I grabbed it while it was staring me in the face! I think it might have cost more than the one from Micro Mark. But he was so proud telling me he milled it himself and how accurate it was, and how he tests and checks everything. And plus, it was right there!!

1 hour ago, WestPaces said:

Magnetic Gluing Jig, 10-1/4 Inch Square This is the one from Micro Mark Nell Marie. It's fantastic for keeping things square while they are being glued. I'm so glad I bought it :)

On a different subject . I'm so glad I put my real name here because every time someone writes Nell Maire it makes me think of my mother as she is the only person who overcalled me that. It so brings back warm memories Thanks

• Like 2

I WAS just going to write Nell and then I remembered a friend of mine, whose name is Marie Philippine, tell me that she wished people would call her by her full name. So now I pay attention to these things :)

2 hours ago, WestPaces said:

I WAS just going to write Nell and then I remembered a friend of mine, whose name is Marie Philippine, tell me that she wished people would call her by her full name. So now I pay attention to these things :)

My friend Norma Jeane is a double name stickler, as was my sister-in-law Ann Marie. I pay attention, too. :) 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KathieB said:

My friend Norma Jeane is a double name stickler, as was my sister-in-law Ann Marie. I pay attention, too. :) 

It's funny but only my Mom called me by my name everyone else called me Nellie I never new any difference . 

I have one of these and to be honest it's not been as helpful as I thought it would be.  The walls aren't perfectly square which doesn't help.  I have bought it inside (from my craft cottage which has been too hot to work in lately) to help with my Vardo furniture....so we'll see.

I like my glue jig (the micromark one) PLUS I got some magnet right angle clampy things from micromark that help me with 1:48 walls.

They are small transparent lucite magnet/clamps.

But I did find I needed more than the just the glue jig. Plus, I need really solid right angles to press up on.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

But I did find I needed more than the just the glue jig. Plus, I need really solid right angles to press up on.

Yes - that's what I've found too.  If you find something like a solid right angle let me know!

22 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

I like this but it is for smaller scales: https://www.micromark.com/Rite-Way-Magnetic-Clamp-System-for-HO-O-Scale

And I am looking at lead weights more and more:

http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/19585

Yes, I like the look of those Lucite right angles - how many do you get in the set?

I think those lead blocks would be Very useful. David Neat uses those https://davidneat.wordpress.com/tag/where-to-get-solid-metal-blocks/

Just now, WestPaces said:

I was just thinking, you can make a very good square angle from lego blocks! 

Great minds! I was just about to suggest Leggos as a squaring aid. :D 

• Like 2