Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Your dream house

24 posts in this topic

I'm sure this has been done before, but if you could translate any full size house into miniature what would you choose? Doesn't have to be a real house, could be from a movie/tv/novel etc.

I would choose the house in the last scene of North by Northwest. Love the cantilevered-ness of it! Or Falling Water (same reasons!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Windsor Castle or  Hampton Court.  I love the old British castles.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celeborn & Galadriel's house in the trees of Lothlorien.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started watching Escape to the Chateau where a couple purchase and restore a 45 room chateau with a moat, 12 acres, 7 outbuildings, including an orangery and a walled garden called Chateau-de-la-Motte Husson But lots of other chateaus would be great in miniature also!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nolephan said:

I'm sure this has been done before, but if you could translate any full size house into miniature what would you choose? Doesn't have to be a real house, could be from a movie/tv/novel etc.

I would choose the house in the last scene of North by Northwest. Love the cantilevered-ness of it! Or Falling Water (same reasons!)

Ooh that would be nice! I'd like to build an architect house - one day!

24 minutes ago, Debora59 said:

I started watching Escape to the Chateau where a couple purchase and restore a 45 room chateau with a moat, 12 acres, 7 outbuildings, including an orangery and a walled garden called Chateau-de-la-Motte Husson But lots of other chateaus would be great in miniature also!

 

Oh Debora, I remember seeing a tv show featuring the actual renovation. It is a stunning property!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't Sable's sister & her husband buy a chateau?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Didn't Sable's sister & her husband buy a chateau?

Yes, she did.  It was French King Henry IV’s hunting lodge. Not really a full blown chateau, more like a manor but it’s considered a chateau.

http://chateaudegere.com/

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always think of things like that as making great plots for novels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, nolephan said:

I'm sure this has been done before, but if you could translate any full size house into miniature what would you choose? 

I copied a real pool house. See the attached gallery. The first photo is the original, the others are my efforts to copy it.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=7166

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my! The pool house is incredible! Holly, i agree with you about Lothlorien.

Such creative, and different ideas!That's what makes this so much fun. We can live out our fantasies on a much smaller, and more affordable scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My dream house would have to be a recreation of Highclere Castle from Downton Abbey fame. I just LOVE the staircase and main hall area. All that gorgeous wood work and the beautiful multi story atrium. Divine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just thought of another one. Hogwarts-with moveable staircases! You could even do just a room box with the common room.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nolephan said:

Just thought of another one. Hogwarts-with moveable staircases! You could even do just a room box with the common room.

Yaaaasssss!!!!! Im a proud (and loyal and fierce!) Hufflepuff and Ive thought about making a Hufflepuff room box. I havent gotten around to making it yet but I do have a Glencroft kit that I was going to make into a Godric’s Hollow wizard shop. Still need to make that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a dream to recreate William Wilberforce's house in  my old town ,.He was the  UK MP  largely responsible for getting the anti slavery abolishment through parliament It is now a museum with all the artifacts of slavery which I have studied since I was a young person and I would love to replicate it, There is a small study with a fullsize wax figure of him sitting there. He was also the founder of the RSPCA, .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2018, 2:19:09, Thimble Hall said:

I have a dream to recreate William Wilberforce's house in  my old town ,.He was the  UK MP  largely responsible for getting the anti slavery abolishment through parliament It is now a museum with all the artifacts of slavery which I have studied since I was a young person and I would love to replicate it, There is a small study with a fullsize wax figure of him sitting there. He was also the founder of the RSPCA, .

what a neat idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018‎ ‎1‎:‎19‎:‎09‎, Thimble Hall said:

...He was the  UK MP  largely responsible for getting the anti slavery abolishment through parliament...

It sounds like he was trying to abolish anti-slavery; this doesn't sound like a good thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holly, William Wilberforce was one of the people trying to stop slavery.

My favorite house would have to be the Craftsman from the movie Zathura. It's a space themed version of Jumanji, so as you can imagine the house gets destroyed throughout the film and is fine in the end. I still cringe every time the meteor shower hits the fireplace:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Sarah; that's what I thought.  "Anti-slavery abolishment" confused me.  I used to lust for a Craftsman style house until stairs decided they didn't like me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chapchap73 said:

Holly, William Wilberforce was one of the people trying to stop slavery.

My favorite house would have to be the Craftsman from the movie Zathura. It's a space themed version of Jumanji, so as you can imagine the house gets destroyed throughout the film and is fine in the end. I still cringe every time the meteor shower hits the fireplace:(

That is a beauty.....I watch this movie only for the house, which ends up catching on fire :( It is a Craftsman Bungalow https://hookedonhouses.net/2010/11/07/the-blue-craftsman-bungalow-in-you-me-and-dupree/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to look up Zathura, since I'm not familiar with the movie. Neat house. Love the craftsman style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would have to be the house I presently live in.   Its beautiful and so very different from the Victorians and colonial styles that I have lived in before ( I moved so many times I've lost count!)    I live in a modern adobe with all the arches, tile and diamond finish walls.  Light and bright in the New Mexico sun and blue sky I can see through every huge window.  Its like being outside when you are inside.  I love it!   

 

Maybe for a movie house I am thinking Mr. Darcy's house in Pride and Prejudice ( the Colin Firth one).   LOL   As long as I'm dreaming.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My dream house is, you guessed it, a modern one.  It is the Hoke house and it is nestled in the woods of the Pacific northwest.  It was made famous by being featured in the Twilight movies.  The interior far out shines the exterior imo. 

 

48294DEC-3F78-4F8E-8CC6-C7ADA3188C1C.jpeg

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0