Your dream house

nolephan

I'm sure this has been done before, but if you could translate any full size house into miniature what would you choose? Doesn't have to be a real house, could be from a movie/tv/novel etc.

I would choose the house in the last scene of North by Northwest. Love the cantilevered-ness of it! Or Falling Water (same reasons!)

I started watching Escape to the Chateau where a couple purchase and restore a 45 room chateau with a moat, 12 acres, 7 outbuildings, including an orangery and a walled garden called Chateau-de-la-Motte Husson But lots of other chateaus would be great in miniature also!

4 hours ago, nolephan said:

I'm sure this has been done before, but if you could translate any full size house into miniature what would you choose? Doesn't have to be a real house, could be from a movie/tv/novel etc.

I would choose the house in the last scene of North by Northwest. Love the cantilevered-ness of it! Or Falling Water (same reasons!)

Ooh that would be nice! I'd like to build an architect house - one day!

24 minutes ago, Debora59 said:

I started watching Escape to the Chateau where a couple purchase and restore a 45 room chateau with a moat, 12 acres, 7 outbuildings, including an orangery and a walled garden called Chateau-de-la-Motte Husson But lots of other chateaus would be great in miniature also!

Oh Debora, I remember seeing a tv show featuring the actual renovation. It is a stunning property!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nolephan said:

I'm sure this has been done before, but if you could translate any full size house into miniature what would you choose? 

I copied a real pool house. See the attached gallery. The first photo is the original, the others are my efforts to copy it.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=7166

Oh my! The pool house is incredible! Holly, i agree with you about Lothlorien.

Such creative, and different ideas!That's what makes this so much fun. We can live out our fantasies on a much smaller, and more affordable scale.

Just now, nolephan said:

Just thought of another one. Hogwarts-with moveable staircases! You could even do just a room box with the common room.

Yaaaasssss!!!!! Im a proud (and loyal and fierce!) Hufflepuff and Ive thought about making a Hufflepuff room box. I havent gotten around to making it yet but I do have a Glencroft kit that I was going to make into a Godric’s Hollow wizard shop. Still need to make that!

I have a dream to recreate William Wilberforce's house in  my old town ,.He was the  UK MP  largely responsible for getting the anti slavery abolishment through parliament It is now a museum with all the artifacts of slavery which I have studied since I was a young person and I would love to replicate it, There is a small study with a fullsize wax figure of him sitting there. He was also the founder of the RSPCA, .

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2018, 2:19:09, Thimble Hall said:

I have a dream to recreate William Wilberforce's house in  my old town ,.He was the  UK MP  largely responsible for getting the anti slavery abolishment through parliament It is now a museum with all the artifacts of slavery which I have studied since I was a young person and I would love to replicate it, There is a small study with a fullsize wax figure of him sitting there. He was also the founder of the RSPCA, .

what a neat idea!

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018‎ ‎1‎:‎19‎:‎09‎, Thimble Hall said:

...He was the  UK MP  largely responsible for getting the anti slavery abolishment through parliament...

It sounds like he was trying to abolish anti-slavery; this doesn't sound like a good thing.

Holly, William Wilberforce was one of the people trying to stop slavery.

My favorite house would have to be the Craftsman from the movie Zathura. It's a space themed version of Jumanji, so as you can imagine the house gets destroyed throughout the film and is fine in the end. I still cringe every time the meteor shower hits the fireplace:(

6 hours ago, chapchap73 said:

Holly, William Wilberforce was one of the people trying to stop slavery.

My favorite house would have to be the Craftsman from the movie Zathura. It's a space themed version of Jumanji, so as you can imagine the house gets destroyed throughout the film and is fine in the end. I still cringe every time the meteor shower hits the fireplace:(

That is a beauty.....I watch this movie only for the house, which ends up catching on fire :( It is a Craftsman Bungalow https://hookedonhouses.net/2010/11/07/the-blue-craftsman-bungalow-in-you-me-and-dupree/

It would have to be the house I presently live in.   Its beautiful and so very different from the Victorians and colonial styles that I have lived in before ( I moved so many times I've lost count!)    I live in a modern adobe with all the arches, tile and diamond finish walls.  Light and bright in the New Mexico sun and blue sky I can see through every huge window.  Its like being outside when you are inside.  I love it!   

Maybe for a movie house I am thinking Mr. Darcy's house in Pride and Prejudice ( the Colin Firth one).   LOL   As long as I'm dreaming.....

My dream house is, you guessed it, a modern one.  It is the Hoke house and it is nestled in the woods of the Pacific northwest.  It was made famous by being featured in the Twilight movies.  The interior far out shines the exterior imo. 

48294DEC-3F78-4F8E-8CC6-C7ADA3188C1C.jpeg

• Like 1