Mamaw Patty

Hi Y'all from Texas! I'm new to this forum, but I'm not new to building dollhouses. I've built 3 from kits, but have used what I learned to build two others from scratch.

I love the concentration and attention that it takes to create something of my own and the way that it takes my mind completely off of anything else that is going on.

I'm nowhere near perfect. But, I truly enjoy the process.

I am married, 4 grown children and 9 grandchildren. I have dogs, cats, a parrot, a hamster and 2 Oscars! And life is great!

• Like 3

Welcome to the little family, Patty; you fit right in!  Which kits have you built?  What colors are your Oscars?  (Our middle son also likes fish for pets)  When you have made five posts you can make albums in the Gallery to share photos of your builds.  Are you building anything now?  I'm in SW AL.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2018, 8:32:22, havanaholly said:

Welcome to the little family, Patty; you fit right in!  Which kits have you built?  What colors are your Oscars?  (Our middle son also likes fish for pets)  When you have made five posts you can make albums in the Gallery to share photos of your builds.  Are you building anything now?  I'm in SW AL.

My Oscars are red. I have them in a larger tank, now and they have grown to, almost as big as my hand.

The first house that I built was so long ago that I don't know which one it is. I still have it but it has been remodeled and it doesn't look the same.

I built the Arthur, for my granddaughter and the Orchid, for my great-niece.

I am currently working on the Lily.

I built a "guy house" for my grandson, from imagination and tricks that I learned from building the kits.

I also built a Barbie house for my daughter, some 25 years ago. 

I am keeping this one for myself, so I am trying to take my time and make it special.

• 3 weeks later...

HI MAMAW PATTY...I am a displaced Texan.  Now you being a Texan understand that no matter how long we are displaced, we will always be a Texan!!!  Had to say that.  I retired from working in municipal government after 33 years and have a network of friends up here....so I don't get "home" often.  I cannot wait for your build.  Will you put some Texas inspiration into your Lily decor?  There is a TINY TEXAS miniaturists that participates in our shows near Chicago.  You should be able to find her here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Emerald said:

HI MAMAW PATTY...I am a displaced Texan.  Now you being a Texan understand that no matter how long we are displaced, we will always be a Texan!!!  Had to say that.  I retired from working in municipal government after 33 years and have a network of friends up here....so I don't get "home" often.  I cannot wait for your build.  Will you put some Texas inspiration into your Lily decor?  There is a TINY TEXAS miniaturists that participates in our shows near Chicago.  You should be able to find her here.

Always happy to hear from another Texan! I'm making it up as I go, really! 

I complete a part and then an idea will occur and I add something.

We'll have to see what happens! LOL!

BTW! The Bluebonnets were beautiful, this year! Lots of Indian Paintbrushes to accent. The Denison Dam on the Red River didn't disappoint. The area was blanketed with red and blue! 

Thanks for the shout out!

Y'all have a great weekend! I'm fixin ta git busy! Sending love from home!