Using Velcro

Bob Hood

I am in the process of adding overhead lighting and i am going to use a Velcro  patch to hold he fixture in place and eyelet connection to my tape wiring. Has anyone had an experience with this method.

Hi Holly...........That's one of the main reasons i am planning this,  I also will be leaving a three inch piece of connecting wire to the eyelets so i can manipulate the fixture for bulb replacement.       Thanks Holly

16 minutes ago, Bob Hood said:

HI KB..........I plan on setting up an album on my house as soon as i have access.  Thanks

You have enough posts now, Bob. Go for it!

Hi KB..........I know my pic are not great, but I'll do better later and replace.  I got too excited.  When i started this project back in 1972 you had to make a lot of things yourself. 

Thanks for your support 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bob Hood said:

When i started this project back in 1972 you had to make a lot of things yourself. 

Your efforts show a lot of creativity ... and patience, especially the stairway balusters!

Thank you Holly........Just weight till you see the miniature 1940s radio, Working library ladder, Kitchen step ladder, Scale model fishing rods and reels, plus take a look at the window treatments with Cornish and internal rods, all from scratch.  I'll put some of these in my album later this week.  I probably have too much time on my hands.  Ha Ha Ha 

I've used velcro for battery-powered chandeliers.  I did have some trouble with the velcro's sticky back not sticking after awhile, but that may have been the product of cheap velcro and a kitten sneaking into the house and batting at them.

Hi Karen.........I hope the brand i have will work.  This is an industrial grade that i have used over the last few years.  I have used it to hold computer cable and other wire bundles and it never gives up.  Package indicates it will hold 16 oz. per Sq. Inch/  I have some that i have used in my regular kitchen on baseboard to hold an extension cord for over six years and it is still holding.   Time will tell.   If all else fails I'll just have to use regular glue to hold the chandeliers.

Thanks for your comments.......get that cat a toy