Hello from the UK

Hello everyone, 

I am a long time lurker but first time poster after making contact with some lovely members of this forum for advice! I am working on my first proper dolls house in a retro style, my dream home! I also went to my first big dollshouse fair, Miniatura, this month which was great! 

Thanks for reading! 

• Like 1

Hi from a Kiwi!  We were over in the UK last year for a holiday - my first trip mainly to meet all of my Dad's family.  Was so fantastic - loved it!  Love your name - do you make creatures?  Would love to see what you've done!

Happy to have you as a member from across the pond.  I will enjoy finding out how different the dollhouse construction and wiring  is over there.

I am a new member and have found the group to very helpful and friendly.

Please keep interacting and sharing your progress. 

Thank you very much everyone! I created my own vintage style halloween creatures last year which is where my name came from! I love all kinds of crafting which is why I have finally found my perfect hobby in Mini at tyre making as it can be anything, one minute embroidery, the next woodwork, or painting, sculpting ect ect 

10 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

Hi and welcome, yes I also want to see the creatures you create. Cute profile picture :) 

Thank you so much, I like making things I own in full scale in miniature.  I have a massive Christmas pinecone gnome village out every year and wanted one for my dollhouse, took me a while to figure out those pinecones let me tell you! Not truly 12th scale as it would be impossible to get enough detail but I was happy with them and the houses light up :)

2 hours ago, CreatureCrafter said:

Thank you very much everyone! I created my own vintage style halloween creatures last year which is where my name came from! I love all kinds of crafting which is why I have finally found my perfect hobby in Mini at tyre making as it can be anything, one minute embroidery, the next woodwork, or painting, sculpting ect ect 

Thank you so much, I like making things I own in full scale in miniature.  I have a massive Christmas pinecone gnome village out every year and wanted one for my dollhouse, took me a while to figure out those pinecones let me tell you! Not truly 12th scale as it would be impossible to get enough detail but I was happy with them and the houses light up :)

We all love pictures! One more post and you can start an album. It is nice to have you on the forum.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/03/2018, 23:09:56, Shareb said:

Hi from a Kiwi!  We were over in the UK last year for a holiday - my first trip mainly to meet all of my Dad's family.  Was so fantastic - loved it!  Love your name - do you make creatures?  Would love to see what you've done!

On 01/04/2018, 04:45:43, WyckedWood said:

Hi and welcome, yes I also want to see the creatures you create. Cute profile picture :) 

Glad she 

On 01/04/2018, 06:06:49, NellBell said:

Welcome and I too would love to see your creatures

Here are a few pictures of some of the things I've made (before I got into minis) these are the only ones I have on my phone. If I can figure out how to make an album I will upload some of my dollshouse x

20180427_081219.png

20180427_081357.png

20180427_081443.png

20180427_081335.png

20180427_081253.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

I love your faces!  I can't wait to see what the little people you craft to live in your houses will look like!

I wasn't planning to make people for my house, I imagine it's my house and prefer it to be empty, like I have just left if you know what I mean. I think I will make inhabitants for other projects though! 

4 hours ago, CreatureCrafter said:

I wasn't planning to make people for my house, I imagine it's my house and prefer it to be empty, like I have just left if you know what I mean. I think I will make inhabitants for other projects though! 

Well originally I wasn't, either, and I do repurpose manufactured dolls that work in whatever scale I'm working in; but all my houses demanded occupants.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Emerald said:

WELCOME and I love your work.  How are you doing on your RETRO DREAM HOUSE!!!  Sounds exciting.  I love the idea.  Your creatures are amazing and look at those faces!!!

Thank you so much! It's going ok, the exterior is now finally ready for painting of the brick and cladding and I cut the skirting boards today so progress is happening! I am looking forward to going back to making some furniture and accessories but must not get distracted!