Curtains

tjb

Hi everyone! I have been on a little break from doll housing because I needed to make curtains (for the doll house.) I wanted to machine sew them because my hand sewing is awful and getting the sewing machine out is not high on my list of favorite things. Long story short, I finally buckled and got the curtains done.  Now I have to hang them. :crazyeyes:

Does anyone have any tips or tricks for this? The house is already built so I foresee a challenge ahead. None of them have a pelmet and they will hang from rods (dowels). To hold the rods away from the walls I am using pony beads attached to the ends of the rods. My plan is to glue the pony beads to the walls but I'm worried about them actually staying in place.

I used hooks in the walls in the kitchen because that side of the house is a duracraft.  The new curtains are all going in the Laurel side of the house where the wood is thinner and I worry about the screws of the hooks coming out through the siding.

How do you hang your curtains? Also, do you put them up before you build or after? All input is greatly appreciated!

Hi Tara.........This might sound a little off the wall, but you might take a pair of larger picture hangers and nip the hanger part off leaving a pair of stand off rod hangers.  Glue your hangers on and then you can put up your rods and curtains as well as take them down to redecorate.

Just an idea.

55 minutes ago, Bob Hood said:

Hi Tara.........This might sound a little off the wall, but you might take a pair of larger picture hangers and nip the hanger part off leaving a pair of stand off rod hangers.  Glue your hangers on and then you can put up your rods and curtains as well as take them down to redecorate.

Just an idea.

I'm all for being able to redecorate! I'll have to try this and see if I can make it work. I have the picture hangers on hand--I think you mean the ones that are flat metal with a hook on one end and sort of a triangle on the end with a nail hole through it?