Brinca Dada

If you had an opportunity to buy a Brinca Dada Edward house in Fair to good condition.. What would you pay for it? I'm umming and ahhing as to value and need some advice. :hmm:

23 minutes ago, Samusa said:

If you had an opportunity to buy a Brinca Dada Edward house in Fair to good condition.. What would you pay for it? I'm umming and ahhing as to value and need some advice. :hmm:

I saw on on craigs list about 4 months ago for  $300/$400 Can't quite remember . I do remember thing I'd like to have it but just couldn't pull the trigger. Very cool house  looks like it belongs on a cliff overlooking the ocean

2 minutes ago, NellBell said:

I saw on on craigs list about 4 months ago for  $300/$400 Can't quite remember . I do remember thing I'd like to have it but just couldn't pull the trigger. Very cool house  looks like it belongs on a cliff overlooking the ocean

also I was very new and did'nt realize that is was rare to find one . Haven't seen one since . 

I got the emerson (the lighter version) for $99 on a closeout. Brand new, in box. It was a deal. I'm glad I didn't spend more than that - as fun and intersting as it is - these are heavy houses with some paper and particle board mixed into the design - they can get dinged up easily. But they are lovely and different. 

1 hour ago, Samusa said:

Check with cloudbound (Pat). She has a brinca-dada

I thought those were really cool (obviously as my tastes run more modern) but a bit pricey.  Are you turning modern....are going to the dark side? :batman: 

looks like it listed for about $350 new and a website had it for $285 before it sold out.   You are becoming quite the collector of houses.  

• Like 2

Weren't the Brinca Dada houses originally issued in parts?  I understood it could take quite a while to work through a subscription to get all the parts to complete one of their houses.

9 hours ago, Keifer said:

I thought those were really cool (obviously as my tastes run more modern) but a bit pricey.  Are you turning modern....are going to the dark side? :batman: 

looks like it listed for about $350 new and a website had it for $285 before it sold out.   You are becoming quite the collector of houses.  

Modern, Vintage, Antique.. I'm an equal opportunity dollhouse collector.. lol.. And I like a lot of different styles including Modern. :D 

7 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Weren't the Brinca Dada houses originally issued in parts?  I understood it could take quite a while to work through a subscription to get all the parts to complete one of their houses.

I don't know Holly.. I think they were kits.. not sure the company was around long.. so I'm not sure how many were made.

10 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

I got the emerson (the lighter version) for $99 on a closeout. Brand new, in box. It was a deal. I'm glad I didn't spend more than that - as fun and intersting as it is - these are heavy houses with some paper and particle board mixed into the design - they can get dinged up easily. But they are lovely and different. 

Good info thanks! I was going to change up the exterior finishes anyway so I'm not to worried about exterior papers. The one I'm looking at has been repainted so isn't original anyway. I was thinking on Egg carton stones for some of the feature walls.. I'm not a fan of one dimensional papers that are meant to simulate stone or wood.