Dollhouse Newbie

mjcmaisto

Hello, everyone. I have always wanted a dollhouse and dabbled here and there over the years. Now that I'm retired, I've thrown myself into the hobby with a vengeance! I have a beautiful farmhouse built for me by Kelloggs and a Victoria's Farmhouse I bought second-hand. I've been learning so much and find myself engrossed in a project for hours! I've learned a lot from this forum about painting the dollhouse, what glues to use for different projects and types of wood for dollhouse furniture. I'm so grateful for everyone's generous support and suggestions! This forum is a godsend! 

• 2 weeks later...

WELCOME...you really sound like me.  I retired and decided gardening was my hobby until my neck and back gave me a strong sign of pain that gardening, no matter how much I love it, was NOT going to work.  So after 5 years of retirement I started with some Barbie dolls, made room boxes, some furniture (some gave away) and got inspired to build not only in 1:12 but 1:6.  I LOVE WOOD, so it took 4 years to find a lumber yard for true 3/8 birch that was right in my own backyard!!...THIS FORUM is amazing and everyone is so encouraging and inspiring.  Make sure you share your work and learning with us.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Sorry I didn't respond to this thread sooner! 

I'm working on KELLOGG'S RUSTIC DORMERED FARMHOUSE. It's the one I'm working on now. The one in the background is the Victoria Farmhouse that I'm going to restore next. I'm having a great time!!

IMG_3686.thumb.jpeg.d928c11fab0054291428

• Like 1