Mini Man

Howdy everyone!  Haven't been online in a while and thought I'd say hello.  Very moved by seeing so many familiar names.  Big thanks out to all of you for making this the go to place for enlighten miniaturist.   

This tagging thing is new to me.  It seems kind of handy, but not too popular. I'm going to see if I can tag another member's post.  

• Like 1

Well it looks like only a topic can be tagged and not the replies. Adding a tag afterwards requires a moderator edit.  I just added the same tags to a post by KathieB to see how it works.

Dean like!  Clicking on the tag brings back a very narrow search results.  Try searching "tags" compared to clicking on the tag "tags" (should have thought through my choice of words before tagging).  It's also very visible from the forum view to quickly identify posts.  I'm going to dig around in the admin setting to see if there is any other setting related to this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mini Man said:

Thanks Holly!  I've missed everyone too.  I'll try to stop in more often. 

I am with Holly, you  have indeed been missed and I look forward seeing you around here 

1 hour ago, Sable said:

Ok, I give, how do you tag? (Sheepishly, why?) Can it be done on a mobile phone?

When I start a new topic on my laptop, there is a place to add tags right below the block for the title.

As for the why ... we've always had a problem with folks not being terribly clear about the content of a thread -- vague titles or really useless ones, like "Help!!"  If that thread had tags that said Orchid, window instructions, etc., a tag search for how to install the windows in an Orchid would pop to the top, whereas a search by title would not find that particular thread.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Keifer said:

Hello Dean.  You don’t know me and I don’t know you but hey, the more the merrier.  You seem to be well respected so I look forward to getting to know you. 

He is the owner of Greenleaf and the reason we have this wonderful forum. Thanks Dean!

• Like 1