Hi all

Ute

I'm new to the group and just wanted to say hello. Over the past couple of years I made some room boxes and built a "quick assembly" house which I have donated. 

In a moment of insanity I bought the Newport kit, now I'm scared to get started; I don't want to mess it up. Be prepared for lots of questions to come.

Cheers, Ute

Welcome to the little family, Ute.  If your kit is made of wood you can correct/ repair/ improve upon any mistakes, and it won't be the end of the world.  If you mess it up, you will fix it.  No huhu.

• 2 weeks later...

WELCOME...Please share your kit with us.  Everyone here is encouraging and inspiring to all types of builders.  My thought would be to post your project and ask you question as you go as well.

• 5 months later...

This is my version of the Newport, looks a little different but I guess we can add some individuality. I finally finished the house, well, the outside. It was a little more tricky than I had thought and of course I made some mistakes. However, I'm quite pleased and will have some climbing vine or so to cover the spots I screwed up.

I will work more on the outside and am waiting for the electrical kit; that will be the next challenge!

15394363619451462384652.jpg

15394365132731796067320.jpg

Thank you. I added a piece of plywood to enlarge the area and glued painted egg shells on the stairs and porch, then modge podged it. Because I did the railings differently and left some out I had enough left for the porch.