Beaumont

I bought my first dollhouse kit (none other than the Beaumont) few months ago on ebay and decided to build it few weeks ago.  I realized that I was supposed to be a mega-carpenter-woman with 40 years of experience to be able to build this beauty with the 2 pages instructions provided by Greenleaf. I am NOT....

In fact, I never touched wood before, I am a embroidery artisan in France and Morocco.

I realized also by looking on the greenleaf website that the warm up sheet was missing. Where can I find/download it? The link doesn’t work.... Help! Please, help.

Bienvenue a la petite famille, Pascale.  The Warm-Up sheet mostly tells you not to panic, but is quite useful as a place to put the clear acetate window and door inserts to protect them from getting damaged.  I LOVE the Beaumont house, and will await with pleasant anticipation to see it with a French/ Moroccan spin.  I never had any experience with wood when I began to build dollhouse kits, either.  I did, however, have a few years' experience working jigsaw puzzles.

• Like 1

Bonjour Pascale! I'm building the Greenleaf Beacon Hill. It too, is my first build and I was almost put off by the detailed instructions but I was determined to finish it so I just started instruction number one and just kept going. There are a lot of great people here willing to help out if you get stuck. Once the house starts going up you'll see that you too can do it. Hope to see your progress soon!

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Bienvenue a la petite famille, Pascale.  The Warm-Up sheet mostly tells you not to panic, but is quite useful as a place to put the clear acetate window and door inserts to protect them from getting damaged.  I LOVE the Beaumont house, and will await with pleasant anticipation to see it with a French/ Moroccan spin.  I never had any experience with wood when I began to build dollhouse kits, either.  I did, however, have a few years' experience working jigsaw puzzles.

OH That’s why I work well with a Greenleaf house. I am an excellent puzzle builder. Borderline obsessive ok actually I am obsessive. 

• Like 1

Another thing that helps building Greenleaf kits is to start with a roll of masking or painter's tape and use that instead of glue to do what we call a "dry fit".  That's so you can shave or sand the tabs and slots for a more perfect fit and see how the house goes together, and where there are areas you won't be able to fit your hands in to decorate after it's glued together.

1 minute ago, havanaholly said:

Another thing that helps building Greenleaf kits is to start with a roll of masking or painter's tape and use that instead of glue to do what we call a "dry fit".  That's so you can shave or sand the tabs and slots for a more perfect fit and see how the house goes together, and where there are areas you won't be able to fit your hands in to decorate after it's glued together.

This step is a must in my opinion (I learned this from you Holly). I think Greenleaf should include that suggestion in the instructions, it helps to visualise the house and boosts confidence.