Hi from Brantford, Ontario

I have just started back into miniatures after many years of being absent. I aquired an assembled Greenleaf Pierce. It needs a lot of work but it seems the structure even though it was put together with hot glue is very well put together. It was done quite a few years ago. I have no idea where to start. Pieces are missing or broken, mostly in the railings, trim, and Gingerbread. I want to put siding on as it was just painted and all the tabs are visible. There is some wiring but have no idea if it works. I tore the mac tac that was used on the floors off. If anyone has suggestions, I sure need them. I am sure I will have many questions. Thanks

Hi, Sheila, and welcome to the forum. :wave: 

The hot glue may appear to be doing the job, but experience tells us that eventually it will deteriorate, causing the structure to deconstruct. If this were my project, I would first scrape out any hot glue that bulges beyond the surface of the joint. Short of taking the entire building apart and reassembling, I would run beads of wood glue or white glue (not Elmer's School glue) along every joint -- wall to floor, wall to ceiling, wall to wall -- and let capillary action draw it into the cracks for added stability.

When you have specific questions, you may want to start a new thread entitled something like "Sheila's Pierce" in the Greenleaf Dollhouses section of the forum to keep all of your questions and the responses in one handy-to-refer-to place.

• Like 1

My Pierce was built with a glue gun and some caulking. I cut the glues that were bulging out. Should I go and glue wall to wall,wall to roof and all those places?? I didn’t do that.  I only have 2 rooms wallpapered because I’ve been working on the floors.  I’m doing the floors on templates so I can do that now before I go any further??

The Pierce I was rehabbing when we moved & it got destroyed had been built with hot glue.  I took a heat gun and putty knife to it and took it completely apart and was in the process of rebuilding & bashing it when we moved.  If I were ever to build another I would wait for a new kit (however, the hubs bought me a Garfield, so I don't see any Pierces in my  future).

I've been building the Pierce for a few years.  If you need any info, plans etc - I'll be happy to email pictures of them through to you.  Likewise if you're not sure of what part goes where or what part is missing, I have all the schematics etc.  Just message me!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome ..... regardless of what is missing who knows, you may create pieces and change things called it bashing they say.  You are in great company here for sure.  There are great people here!!!