Newport additions

Ute

I have the Newport kit and have been looking online for ideas before I start building. I would like to add a garage and the Newport addition; is there a way to do that later or does it make more sense to start the whole project together? Tia.

Personally, I would at least build it with the addition - - perhaps the garage could come later?  

I am about to start working on finishing a Newport for a client.  I will look forward to seeing what you do with yours!  :)

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I'd do it all from the beginning - at least the addition. I began building a Newport about a decade ago with the intention of adding the addition a little later. Life happened and I didn't touch the house for many years. The paint I had originally used was discontinued, and I hadn't even finished constructing/painting the dormers. Lowe's did their best to match paint, but it isn't quite right. I've accepted the fact that I'd never be satisfied with a Newport addition now that the color wouldn't match the rest of the house. If I had started with the addition as a part of my original build,I'd have my (matching) addition.

2 hours ago, IndyCindy said:

I've accepted the fact that I'd never be satisfied with a Newport addition now that the color wouldn't match the rest of the house.

Might the addition be of another material, say brick or stone? No need to match color. I like the idea of stone. Might be a structure that predates the main house and was incorporated into it. I'm thinking of a cottage in Virginia that has a slave cabin incorporated into the building.

Edit: I Googled Newport images. The two-story addition probably would look weird in another material. Anyone building this majestic structure would have cleared the lot completely before starting to build. Oh, well ...