kitchen kit dimensions

Hi, new at this. Seems my house and rooms are quite small, therefore most 1:12 scale furniture does not fit. Looking for anyone that has built kitchen kit and could give me sizes of fridge, sink and stove. Would love to buy kit but they do not have individual sizes. Thanks!!

Hi Marilyn, welcome to the group. Which house are you building and are you sure it is 1:12 scale? Other members may have built the same house and be able to help you out.

Houseworks has a line of kitchen cabinets and appliances. They have the dimensions listed on their website .

I did a kitchen room box and used graph paper to help lay out where I wanted every thing to go http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=127469.

What kits have you been looking at?

Thanks so much for the information. House is very old, decided to do it after so many years so it has been a challenge since wood is petrified.. Scale is 1:12, rooms are small so have had to limit furniture, all furniture bought years ago too big.  Will see if I can find pieces used that are older and probably smaller. 

Thanks again?

I have used this kitchen set in smaller kitchens (minus the table).  It's not as nice as some of the bigger sets, but it is smaller and the separate pieces make it easier to arrange.  I also added a cupboard or small set of shelves.  It reminds me of the kitchen in my mother's house which has almost no counter space so she does all of her baking/prep on the dining room table.

https://www.miniatures.com/6-Pc-Traditional-Kitchen-Set-P18095.aspx

WELCOME AND WOW...you are one of the SMALLER builders!!!  I went BIGGER not smaller.  When I attend the big Chicago International show here I realize there are some amazing looking 1:24 and smaller pieces that looking amazing now that laser allows for these types of things.  What a challenge...Post your progress because we would love to see what you create.

Hi All,

Thank you so much for your responses and ideas. I am taking out the dividers of the both floors and kind of making it open concept so as to create more room for furniture.

Ok that said, I bought an unfinished kitchen set and now have to figure out what kind of paint to use that would give it a glossy white  shine. Any ideas? Also, any hints as to the best glue to use to glue this masterpiece together. Have many a sleepless nights thinking will it hold? Will my grandson take a swing at it and finito! Have 4 weeks to finish this for my grand daughter's birthday, flooring and all trimming done. Just want to buy  molding to cover all the imperfections of the old base and give it a fancier look. Tried uploading picture but cannot send a copy of it, mine are too large even at web size. 

Thanks for all you help!!

11 minutes ago, papercaper said:

Hi All,

Thank you so much for your responses and ideas. I am taking out the dividers of the both floors and kind of making it open concept so as to create more room for furniture.

Ok that said, I bought an unfinished kitchen set and now have to figure out what kind of paint to use that would give it a glossy white  shine. Any ideas? Also, any hints as to the best glue to use to glue this masterpiece together. Have many a sleepless nights thinking will it hold? Will my grandson take a swing at it and finito! Have 4 weeks to finish this for my grand daughter's birthday, flooring and all trimming done. Just want to buy  molding to cover all the imperfections of the old base and give it a fancier look. Tried uploading picture but cannot send a copy of it, mine are too large even at web size. 

Thanks for all you help!!

Somewhere there is a post about finishing kitchen appliances.  When I made an ice box for my farmhouse I sanded all the corners rounded and smooth, then I primed it with gesso and sanded that when it was dry, then covered with a coat of spackle and when that was thoroughly dry I sanded it very smooth and painted it with glossy white interior latex.

If your grandson is rough on his toys, get him some special toy and let him know that it's his; and he needn't play with his sister's dollhouse.  If your grandson takes a swing at something meant for an older child to play with carefully, it will probably be kindling.

Thanks for the info..will look into gesso and spackle. Grandson is 31/2 yrs old and am making him his own mini  boys room so he can leave her house alone. Both birthdays are 3days apart so will give them house and room at same time.