What do you think?

Mineejv

I liked the Kitchen floor until I did the Bathroom floor. It now looks like a bathroom floor not a kitchen floor?? It looks to busy for such a small room?. What do ya think?? 

I built the Kitchen cabinets around 1996 with a white stain or a pickle stain, I don’t remember and I have more to finish. I don’t know if I can match them. I’ve already wallpapered the 2 side walls in the light blue. Maybe a new floor color and a cabinet color?? Any suggestions are welcome........

I like building things but, when it comes to decorating I’m terrible at it......

F2573C94-D207-482F-9E63-D91DC04C6C1D.jpeg

If it's not glued down, have you considered using the current kitchen tile in the bathroom? It works well with the bathtub colors, better than what's in the bathroom now.

In the kitchen, I'd consider a smoother floor covering for the kitchen, more of a painted floor or linoleum. The tiles there now seem awfully irregular, like walking on cobblestones, which may be why they look too busy to you. If they were flat, the floor would be very nice, good colors and in scale. Thought: is the kitchen tile grouted? If it were grouted to make the floor level and smooth, you might like it better.

I really like the cabinets. You don't necessarily need to match them. What about something like a Hoosier dresser or other free-standing cupboard that could be painted in a color that looks good with the floor.

55 minutes ago, Mineejv said:

I liked the Kitchen floor until I did the Bathroom floor. It now looks like a bathroom floor not a kitchen floor?? It looks to busy for such a small room?. What do ya think?? 

I totally see what you mean. I like the kitchen floor. I like Janet's suggestion about painting the cabinets a darker color. It would be less of a contrast and lessen the business. (I don't think it is too busy to begin with):bigwink:

I think what is distracting is the bathroom floor paper has larger squares and makes the scale seem off. Maybe you could do mosaic tiles in the bathroom as well, but in a solid color with a contrasting border color???

1 hour ago, Mineejv said:

I like building things but, when it comes to decorating I’m terrible at it......

F2573C94-D207-482F-9E63-D91DC04C6C1D.jpeg

I’m with ya 100% on this one.  I think a darker color on the cabinets would be helpful as well.  It would anchor them to the space.  

I really think that the kitchen floor would work better if flattened.  If you're going to use that bathtub, and the base of the shower is as green as my monitor makes it look, I don't think that bathroom floor goes at all well with either the tub or the shower.  Are the bathroom's walls painted, or just primed?  With all that lovely blue in the kitchen, I would go with a nice bright white and green for the bathroom floor, with either yellow or pale green walls and maybe one accent wall or upper border of green leaves.

If the kitchen tile is glued down....def grout it.  And I like the idea of adding a free-standing cabinet or even an island or table with dark blue.

If the kitchen tile is NOT glued down.....perhaps switching the two tiles? (personally, I don't like two strong, similar patterns in rooms together like that- too much for my eyes....but this is your house.

)

Nothing is glued in yet. I’ve grouted the tiles but it doesn’t look like it is. I’m going to grout it again,this time I’ll grout to the top of the tiles and see if it looks better...... I think I might do the grout a dark blue? I’m going to do a window seat with a small round table. Maybe the back window wall a darker blue? I have two upper cabinets on each side of the windows for there.

The window trim on the house is a turquoise,the picture makes it look like a dark blue. 

< Thank you all for the input >

If you're going to keep the kitchen floor I'd make the rest of the kitchen, cabinets, wall and accessories as pale or as white as possible. A nice contrast would be if the bathroom had white carpet or light colored wooden floors. Definitely not checks in both rooms or any other room other than kitchen, if the kitchen floor is staying. White curtains and a blue/green sun catcher in the window...green plants, white plates.