Think everyone has a twin?

chesterfieldzoo

I always leave the TV on during the day for the noise. I walked in the room and there on Montel was - ME! Same face, same profile, a hair style I had a few years earlier. I was totally flabbergasted. I called my mother and asked if I had been a twin it was so disconcerting.

My vet could be a shorter clone of George Clooney. Honest. I'll post a pic if he'll let me take one. One of the other vets said he gets teased all the time.

When I was in high school we were watching a movie (Dr. Zhivago, I think) and at some point one of the actresses came on for the first time and the entire class just turned and stared at me because she looked just like me. Her hair was pulled back and covered but her face was my face. It was freaky.

Carrie

Years ago, I was out with friends at a bar when I saw myself across the room...Same hair, same face...Whoa!!! I thought that maybe I had a little too much to drink and was seeing things...until one of my friends said to me...Hey, that girl over there looks just like you...I didn't have the nerve to go over and introduce myself at the time...now I kinda regret it. Might have been cool to meet my doppleganger....

I was in Atlantic City with my husband about 6-7 years ago and we were at a show. It was a stupid show, but the tickets were free. There was a woman near the stage talking with the entertainer. Through out the whole show I kept saying to my husband that I really thought she looked like me. I was going to catch up to her after the show to talk to her.

I kept watching her though the show as she ordered drink, after drink, after drink. She was so sloshed after the show that I just couldn't get anywhere near her. I have regreted that forever! I could have at least talke to the people she was with!!!

My sil looks just like Derek Jeter the baseball player. He even has the same manorizims (sp?) People come up to him all the time and say "Did anybody ever tell you you look like....." Some people have even asked him for his autograph! :yes: :thumb:

I always leave the TV on during the day for the noise. I walked in the room and there on Montel was - ME! Same face, same profile, a hair style I had a few years earlier. I was totally flabbergasted. I called my mother and asked if I had been a twin it was so disconcerting.

My vet could be a shorter clone of George Clooney. Honest. I'll post a pic if he'll let me take one. One of the other vets said he gets teased all the time.

I lived just 1 road from a girl who looked just like me! Often after I met her I would bump into someone who knew her. And we would be talking and they would ask me how my boys were. Then I knew they thought they were talking to her. And top it off my x hubsband dated a girl who looked just like me previously 5 yrs before. No I really don't have a biological twin but I could swear many times I had just met my own clone!" I pretty freaking thing!"

I thought I'd add my funny twin story:

I had a friend who lived in Ft. Worth who said there was a girl who looked just like me who was dating one of the other guys living in his dorm. One day I was on the phone with him and she happened to walk by his door and he said hello to her and I heard her voice over the phone - it sounded familiar. I told him to ask her what her name was and it turned out to be one of my cousins that I hadn't seen in years. He put her on the phone and we got to have a good long chat on his dime. :D Talk about a small world! The funny thing is, I don't think we look alike at all!

When I was in Jr high everyone kept asking me if I had a new a girl named Julie that went to another school. I said no and they kept saying we looked exactly alike.

Well, the next year Julie came to our school. We ran into each other in the Library and immediatly knew who each other was. It was weird. We were friends all through high school.

When I moved here the first thing I realized is that there is someone here who looks exactly like my ex.. only a little shorter but when I say exactly - it's enough that my own sister was fooled by the look alike. Wow. And I know there's someone here that looks like me too - haven't run across them myself but I've had people come up to me a little miffed because they saw me at some function and wanted to know why I didn't come over and say hello.... only.. I was never at said function. I went through the check out lane at Target and the checker looks up and says "Oh did you forget something?"..she swore I just had come through her same line not 5 min previously. It's definitely weird to think about.. but weirder when I figure I've just missed seeing this person a half dozen times.. and the idea that there may be more even more than two people who are almost indistinguishable from each other.

-David

Since I look remarkably like my Great-Great Aunt on my mother's father's side of the family and I know she and my Great Grandmother had other siblings still in Kentucky I'd say there's a pretty fair chance a distant relative looks like me. I look so much like my Great-Great Aunt that my granddaugther thought it was me in the picture hanging on my mother's wall. We call the picture the "dead ancestor picture" to give you an idea of how old it is.

Kathy

I've moved about a good bit due to being married to an engineer who was incidentally drafted into the USMC during the '60s, and I have frequently been mistaken for someone else (I never met thses other "me" people). The real shocker came when, the December after my wedding, we were in VA and I met my estranged father for the first time (I was VERY young when my parents divorced); DH said it was just like seeing me look into a mirror!

Since in real life I am a twin--after seeing this thread, is anyone else on the forum a twin? As I mentioned, we are not identical but we do have a special bond. I don't think I ever appreciated having a twin until DD#1 started school and I watch her walking into a classroom full of people she didn't know. I then realized that I was never alone--I always knew my twin and didn't have to face things by myself.

Since I look remarkably like my Great-Great Aunt on my mother's father's side of the family and I know she and my Great Grandmother had other siblings still in Kentucky I'd say there's a pretty fair chance a distant relative looks like me. I look so much like my Great-Great Aunt that my granddaugther thought it was me in the picture hanging on my mother's wall. We call the picture the "dead ancestor picture" to give you an idea of how old it is.

Kathy

Kathy if you don't mind me asking what part of KY...I'm from South Eastern, KY.....I always get mistaken for this woman named Tammy someone I have never met....but people stop me and ask how are the twins doing....and I look and say you have the wrong person.....this lady said I looked identical to Tammy...wish I could met her...and see for myself...

I have one of those faces. Everywhere I go people always say "You look so familiar!" I've gotten used to it. :banana:

But the weird one was at college. I'd heard about this other girl on campus who looked just like me. Then while in the art building I heard someone saying "Hey Jen! JEN!!" I waited for them to come up to me, I had no idea who it was. Once she was right in front of me she said "Oh! You're not my roommate!" I think I finally saw the other Jen on campus at the snack bar once - but never introduced myself. I thought there were definitely similar features, but I wouldn't have said it was like looking in a mirror. Funny we had the same name, even though it's pretty common. :yucky: