Beacon Hill

JoanneS

Which wiring kit is appropriate for the Beacon Hill? I looked at the Cir-Kit 104, but was told that round wiring was not appropriate. Is the Cir-Kit 103 the kit I am looking for? This is my first house and I'm anxious to get started. Thanks for any help!

Joanne - Pennsylvania

I Personally like round wire. They even have special floortrim that has a grove in it to hide the round wire. The only other thing to do would be tape wire if you don't wish to go with the round one.

I personally hated the tape wire! I can never get it to work LOL so I am partial. :)

Hi Joanne, and welcome! I've been in the process of renovating a Beacon Hill and I added tape wire which was relatively easy and fun! Sorry Tracy! :) Just be sure to use two little brad nails in each connection for the best results. You can view pictures of the tape wiring at my photo album below. There's also a marvelous tutorial on tape wiring at http://community.webshots.com/album/139274832GytFHn

Good Luck!

I just had to see your beautiful Beacon Hill again! WOW, every time I look I see something new. I made tables like the one you show in your pictures for a swap recently LOL. Ahhh Great Minds think alike. I love how the insides is coming out too! WOW!! :) :lol:

Thanks Tracy! Isn't it fun to make things? As long as they turn out that is! :) I'm off to light and paper the parlor/music room this afternoon! :lol:

Thanks nutti! I didn't actually use the spool on the table. It was a choice between the spool and the candle holder. I cut the candle holder down by about an inch and glued on the circle. The spool just seemed to bulky for the front porch. :) I got all the wood pieces from the wood section at Michael's.

You're welcome, nutti! :lol: The candle holders come in a bag of four, I think, and the circles about the same and they're relatively inexpensive. Be sure to post pictures of your creations!